- 2 5 - FIVE MINUTE SNITCH

WHEN TERM HAD STARTED AGAIN, OLIVER WOOD WAS BECOMING VERY MANIC ABOUT WINNING THE NEXT QUIDDITCH MATCH

WHEN TERM HAD STARTED AGAIN, OLIVER WOOD WAS BECOMING VERY MANIC ABOUT WINNING THE NEXT QUIDDITCH MATCH. Lorelei hadn't gotten through her first lesson before Oliver found her and demanded a practice that evening. She only sighed and agreed. She wanted to win, truly, but he was making himself crazy. He had two more years with the Captain title.

"Calypso! Did you hear what I said? Come on!" Lorelei frowned at the anger behind Oliver's words. It was now a few days later, and the game was the following day. Patricia Nester was out for good, as she decided Katie did better and worked well with Angelina and Lorelei, so Katie Bell was placed as the third Chaser for the rest of the term.

Lorelei flew toward the twins who were growing angrier at Oliver by the minute. The rain was pelting on them, and no one could really hear, to begin with.

"He didn't need to yell at you," George complained.

Fred agreed. "He's becoming a fanatic about it."

Oliver was working the team harder than ever. If they won their next match, against Hufflepuff, they would overtake Slytherin in the house championship for the first time in a while. They all knew this, but even Angelina and Katie were growing angry at their captain.

Fred and George decided to play a game of who could almost fall off their broom but didn't. It was rainy, so the broomsticks were slippery. They were having fun until Oliver yelled at them and made a horrific announcement that even had Lorelei almost falling off her broom. They were all hovering a few feet above the ground.

"Will you stop messing around!" Oliver yelled. "That's exactly the sort of thing that'll lose us the match! Snape's refereeing this time, and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!"

George really did fall off his broom at these words.

"Snape's refereeing?" he spluttered through a mouthful of mud. "When's he ever refereed a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin."

The rest of the team landed next to George to complain, too. Lorelei didn't complain much as she wiped George's face to clean it from the mud. She knew Snape was alright with her, but he hated most Gryffindors. After cleaning his face, she noticed Harry turning a bit green because of the news.

"It's not my fault," said Oliver after getting aggravated with the complaints. "We've just got to make sure we play a clean game, so Snape hasn't got an excuse to pick on us."

After that, he let them all go. George and Fred were sulking while Angelina talked off Lorelei's ear about how unfair it was that Snape was refereeing. Lorelei quickly changed out of her muddly gear ready to eat dinner and sleep. She didn't have any homework as she completed it earlier.

She silently handed her Potion's essay over to the twins before they even asked that night.

Tomorrow's game came quicker than anyone would've liked. Lorelei was allowing Fred to rub her shoulders as she felt the nerves bubbling over. With Oliver in their ears about what to do, she felt like she was about to explode. She knew how to play.

Fred leaned down and whispered, "A dip tonight, yeah? Even Harry's looking at you like you're a bit mental." Lorelei snorted but nodded nonetheless.

When Oliver came over to them again, Lorelei felt her eyes darken. She hissed at him, "If you tell me how to play one more time, Wood--"

"Oi, put the mermaid temper away," George teased pushing off his brother's hands and replacing them with his own a bit rougher. "Calm down, Lor."

Oliver nodded a bit fearfully when her eyes darkened. Instead, he walked over to Harry. "Don't want to pressure you, Potter, but if we ever need an early capture of the Snitch, it's now. Finish the game before Snape can favor Hufflepuff too much."

Fred suddenly got excited as he looked out the door. "The whole school's out there!" he said happily making Lorelei's nerves double. "Even, blimey, Dumbledore's come to watch!"

Harry looked as if he was to faint. "Dumbledore?" he said, dashing to the door to make sure.

George quit rubbing Lorelei's shoulders when Oliver called it was time to go. George winked at her. "Don't fret, Lor. You'll be just as amazing as you always are."

Angelina made a choking sound and teasingly pushed the pair out. Once mounted on their brooms, Oliver and the Hufflepuff Captain shook hands. Snape called the game to begin.

Lorelei grabbed the Quaffle right away.

"There's Gryffindor Chaser Calypso with the first grab again!" Lee Jordan shouted happily. "Passes to Johnson who easily dodges Hufflepuff Chaser Handson. She goes for--hold on a second is that Harry Potter already chasing the Snitch!?"

Lorelei didn't have a chance to look as she tried to make a goal, but it was blocked. But it didn't matter.

"That has to be a RECORD! Harry Potter has caught the Snitch! GRYFFINDOR WINS!"

Lorelei looked at the boy in awe. Already? The Gryffindors were screaming while Snape looked ready to murder someone. Fred and George cheered happily as they flew back down the field. Lorelei was shocked, really. She had to have Angelina pull her down before Lorelei knew what was going on.

Fred and George hoisted the boy on their shoulders as they celebrated. After a moment, the boy disappeared as Fred and George found Lorelei still stunned.

"Come on, Lor. Let's get the food for the party!"

The party went on forever. The twins, Lee, and even Angelina were drunk on Firewhiskey, but Lorelei decided to be responsible in case Percy found them.

The night went on. She glanced suspiciously at Harry, Ron, and Hermione who entered late but thought nothing of it.