- 3 8 - ENEMIES OF THE HEIR

"LET ME GO!" Lorelei growled out

"Not until your arse is calm!" George yelled back as Fred and himself dragged her back toward the castle. They wouldn't risk taking her in the castle because of her state. She could hurt someone else. Malfoy was being taken to the Hospital Wing.

Lorelei pushed the two boys off of her and glared harshly at George. "Why do you care?"

George backed up in shock at the venom in her words. Fred, however, walked forward to her. "Come on, Lor. Calm down."

"I'm fine. Just let me be alone," she said a bit softer to Fred. She walked off without another word.

George scratched the back of his neck. "What did I do, Freddie?"

"You need to talk to her," Fred said.

"But what did I do?"

"I think it's something to do with what Dumbledore told her the other day. And Alicia hasn't been making her life easier, Georgie. You've kinda been up her arse. Lorelei hasn't been able to spend time with you," Fred said back to him. He patted George's shoulder reassuringly.

George scoffed. "Well, it's not like Lorelei hasn't been up your arse. She's been bloody avoiding me."

Fred glared at him. "You say it as if you have actually tried to speak to her!"

George looked down in anger. His fists were clenched. "Yeah, all right. I'll talk to her when she calms down."

"Good."

Lorelei decided to go back to the Quidditch Pitch. She knew the best way to get rid of her anger was by flying. The Slytherins were still around, but she ignored them. She found her broom and began to fly. Montague and Pucey would yell out profanities but she flew past them. After flying high and fast for a while, she descended. She knew she had missed her first lesson, but she couldn't be bothered.

Detention or not, she didn't care. She went to the kitchens and asked for food to which the elves happily gave her. After, she decided to change and go to Astronomy like she was supposed to.

She saw Angelina walking alone, thank Neptune, so she was able to sit with her in class. She noticed George watching her more than usual, but she shrugged it off.

Professor Sinistra loved Lorelei's enthusiasm for the subject, but even the professor could see the mermaid was not happy to be in the class that day. She didn't assign homework because quite honestly, she favored Lorelei and knew she must have been quite upset. Lorelei just sat there bored throughout the class.

After class, Professor Sinistra called her back.

"Are you all right, Miss Calypso?"

"Fine, Professor," she sent the Professor a tight-lipped smile.

After dinner, Lorelei was walking with her fellow Gryffindors when they were all coming to a sudden halt. Lorelei grumbled at the students, pushing forward to see Mrs. Norris hanging by her tail. She looked dead.

On the wall, a message seemed to be written in blood. Lorelei felt her friends surround her, but she only stared at the message in fright. Her blood had run cold, and her hairs on her arms stood up. She had never felt threatened like this.

The Chamber Of Secrets Has Been Opened. Enemies Of The Heir Beware.

The worst part about it was Harry, Ron, and Hermione standing too close to the scene. Lorelei wanted to scream at them. Why is it always them near trouble?

Malfoy sneered out something about Mudbloods making Angelina immediately redirect Lorelei back to Gryffindor tower. The Professors had shown up, and students were sent to their tower. Lorelei wanted to throw that ferret into a bin, but Angelina whispered random things to take her mind off it.

Lorelei needed a day off.

Angelina and Lorelei took a minor detour even though they were told to go directly to their Common Rooms. Angelina started talking about something Fred had done.

"How do you know if you like someone? It's obvious you and Fred fancy each other, but what if it's not obvious?" Lorelei muttered causing Angelina to blush.

"Fred and I only snogged a few times. I don't know if he wants a relationship. But Lor, who is it you like?" Angelina questioned as they finally made it to their Common Room.

As soon as the portrait opened and the pair walked on, Lorelei almost fell to the ground if it wasn't for her arm linked to Angelina's.

Alicia had taken one look at Lorelei and smashed her lips onto George.

Fred's eyes widened. They had been talking about the Chamber of Secrets when Alicia suddenly began to snog George. And George didn't mind! He snogged her back!

Fred looked around the Common Room for Lorelei and cursed under his breath when he caught Angelina's eyes. She was barely holding up Lorelei who looked like she wanted to faint.

It was obvious. Lorelei had always been closer to George. It was only a matter of time before those feelings became romantic. Even if George didn't know it yet, he had royally screwed up.

Lorelei sucked back the tears because what was the point? He wasn't hers. But in a way, she felt he was. He hadn't even been a right friend this year like he always was. She felt betrayed by this like she had a reason to be. She felt like a bloody idiot, quite honestly.

Angelina looked at Lorelei. "Let's go to the dorm, Lor. You don't have to watch this."

Lorelei could only nod and allow Angelina to pull her along.

George backed away from Alicia who was smirking in a smug manner. He looked around and saw Lorelei glancing his way. Knowing he wanted to talk to her, he got up. He didn't get very far.

"I think you better lay off, Weasley," Angelina said softly and pulled Lorelei to the dorm without another word.

George could only wonder what he had done to screw up so badly.