- 1 2 6 - TRUTH SERUM

THE NEXT MORNING, ALBUS DUMBLEDORE WAS REPLACED BY DOLORES UMBRIDGE AS HEADMISTRESS OF HOGWARTS DUE TO DECREE NUMBER TWENTY-EIGHT

THE NEXT MORNING, ALBUS DUMBLEDORE WAS REPLACED BY DOLORES UMBRIDGE AS HEADMISTRESS OF HOGWARTS DUE TO DECREE NUMBER TWENTY-EIGHT. Umbridge had created an Inquisitorial Squad full of Slytherins who had more power than the prefects.

Before classes, Lorelei was forced to meet with the pink puff by her request. McGonagall had come to fetch the girl, but the twins were trying to argue. George and Fred told her she didn't have to go, but McGonagall gave them a look that clearly stated not to argue. Frowning, they watch Lorelei leave to her doom.

When she made it to the office, McGonagall whispered to the mermaid, "Do not drink anything she hands you, Calypso. Understand?"

"Yes," she whispered back just as the door was pulled open.

"Thank you, Minerva. You may go. Come in, Miss Black," Umbridge walked away, toward her desk. "Anything to drink?" Must be something in the drink. Poison may be, Lorelei thought.

She noticed Fred, George, and Harry's broomsticks sitting on her wall locked in chains. She made a mental note to tell them this later.

"No, I'm quite all right, Professor," Lorelei said, taking a seat.

Umbridge turned to glare at her. "I must insist. What would you like to drink? Pumpkin juice? Saltwater?"

"Pumpkin juice," Lorelei forced out, ignoring the jab at her mermaid genes. She just wouldn't drink it.

When handed the cup, she took a fake sip of it. Umbridge was now smiling madly at her. "Wonderful, now. Where is Sirius Black?"

Lorelei almost choked on her spit. "W-What? I have no idea! He may be my uncle, but he's a killer, Professor--" Real smooth.

"Drink some more, dear," Umbridge forced out. Realization dawned on the mermaid: Truth serum. She took another fake sip. "Now, I know you've been in contact with him. I've read your letters, and though you never stated his name, some things don't make sense unless I put Sirius Black's name there. I almost caught him before in the Gryffindor fireplace, so he was either talking to you or Mr. Potter. Where is Sirius Black?"

"I have no idea," Lorelei said with a shrug. "Could I go, now? I'll be late to classes."

"Drink some more, Miss Black," she only replied. "You're lying to me. You know where he is."

"I have no idea where Sirius Black is."

Umbridge turned to look out the window, so she took the time to throw the liquid into the plant nearest to her. When Umbridge turned around, she gave Lorelei a false smile. "When I find out the truth, Miss Black, you'll be sent to Azkaban faster than your uncle was."

"Lovely. Can I go?" Lorelei said, a bored tone to her voice.

Lorelei pushed out of the office, quickly went to find the twins before classes. She told them about what was asked making them curse aloud. She knew it would be dangerous to talk to Sirius anymore until they made it back to Headquarters.

Montague, who had joined the Inquisitorial Squad immediately, found Lorelei and the twins who were walking to lunch after morning classes a few days later. They were on the first floor, and the Slytherin smirked before immediately pushing Lorelei into the nearest wall. He had his body pressed onto hers, and Lorelei couldn't reach her wand.

Grinning, he said, "For being a nasty half-breed, I think I'll take--"

He didn't get very far.

Fred and George grabbed Montague faster than Lorelei could blink. She rubbed her shoulder and watched as they threw the Slytherin into the nearest cabinet. Lorelei recognized it as the Vanishing Cabinet... Montague disappeared from their view.

"Git," George muttered as he grabbed Lorelei's hand protectively.

"We'll get expelled," Lorelei said, grinning a bit.

"Dumbledore's gone, Lor. Remember our plan?" Fred said with a wink.

They walked into the Great Hall, noticing Harry, Ernie Macmillan, Hermione, and Ron by the hourglasses of points. Fred said, "Noticed, have you?"

"Malfoy just docked us all about fifty points," said Harry furiously.

More stones on the inside of the Gryffindor hourglass moved up and away, taking more points away. Lorelei leaned on George's shoulder, and he kissed her forehead. "Yeah, Montague tried to do the same to us because Lorelei's a half-breed," George said, rolling his eyes.

"What do you mean 'tried'?" said Ron quickly.

"He never managed to get all the words out," said Lorelei, "due to the fact that they forced him headfirst into that Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor."

Hermione looked appalled. "But you'll get into terrible trouble!"

"Not until Montague reappears, and that could take weeks, I dunno where we sent him," said Fred cooly. "Anyway...we've decided we don't care about getting into trouble anymore."

"Have you ever?" Hermione asked.

"'Course we have," Lorelei said, looking at the girl with a smirk.

George grinned at his girlfriend. He said, "Never been expelled, have we?"

"We've always known where to draw the line," said Fred.

"We might have put a toe across it occasionally," said George.

"But we've always stopped short of causing real mayhem," said Fred.

"But now?" Ron asked while a worried look appeared on his face.

"Well now--" Lorelei started.

"--what with Dumbledore gone--" said Fred.

"--we reckon a bit of mayhem--" said George.

"--is exactly what our dear new Head deserves," Lorelei finished with a shrug. Harry grinned at her.

Hermione screeched, "You mustn't! You really mustn't! She'd love a reason to expel you!"

"You don't get it, Hermione, do you?" Lorelei asked with a smile.

Fred and George mimicked her smile. "We don't care about staying anymore. Lorelei's been ready to leave since September, but we've actually kept her around! We'd walk out right now if we weren't determined to do our bit for Dumbledore first. So anyway," Fred checked his watch, "phase one is about to begin. I'd get in the Great Hall for lunch if I were you, that way the teachers will see you can't have had anything to do with it."

"Anything to do with what?" Hermione asked anxiously.

"You'll see," George grinned, tugging Lorelei closer. "Run along, now."

The trio turned away, Fred muttering to George of how excited he was to test some of their products finally. Lorelei felt the itch in her skin begin when they walked past a window that held a view of the lake. Groaning, she couldn't wait to get out of there.