- 9 2 - SUSPICION

LORELEI SAT ON THE COUCH NEAR THE FIREPLACE LEANING ON GEORGE

LORELEI SAT ON THE COUCH NEAR THE FIREPLACE LEANING ON GEORGE. He and Fred were discussing a new product that they were very keen on making while Lorelei had decided to write another letter to Bagman that she knew she needed to write. Lorelei thought about blackmailing him. It could work. Lorelei sighed when she looked over at the Potions textbook that was open on the table in front of her. The Third Task was nearing, which meant exams were nearing. Because the end of the year was so close, she had to make sure everything was together in her dorm for the trip back to the Burrow. Lorelei groaned at the thought of exams. Brizo sat on her shoulder tiredly.

The next morning, Lorelei woke up early and put on her robes. They would need to have this letter delivered right away. Lorelei also had written again to her uncle, godfather, and James to which she wanted those delivered right away as well. Brizo went to the boy's dorm, so she knew he was in George's room most likely.

Once Fred and George woke up and made their way down, Lorelei blushed profusely when George swept right in for a good morning kiss. Brizo hopped from George to Fred during it while Fred made a gagging sound. The action made Lorelei laugh.

"Come on, boys. We have to deliver this before breakfast," she said with a smirk. Their attempts were futile, but they knew they had to try.

The three locked arms as they always did and made their way to the Owlery. Lorelei sighed as George brought up the insides of the letter when they neared the room full of owls. "I don't know if we should send that. Let's make it sound a bit different."

"George, I'm tired of being nice," Lorelei snarled out. "He's a terrible man."

"But that's blackmail, that is, we could get into a lot of trouble for that," he tried again.

"We've tried being polite; it's time to play dirty, like him," Fred said agreeing wholeheartedly with Lorelei. "He wouldn't like the Ministry of Magic knowing what he did--"

"I'm telling you, if you put what we did in writing, that's blackmail!" George exclaimed.

Lorelei smirked and said, "Yeah, and you won't be complaining if we get a nice fat payoff, will you?"

Fred kicked the door open and the trio detangled their arms as they walked in. All three froze at the sight of the Golden Trio staring wide-eyed back at them.

"What're you doing here?" Ron and Fred said at the same time.

"Sending a letter," Harry and George replied in unison.

"What, at this time?" Lorelei and Hermione asked together.

Fred grinned at the scene and put his hands up in surrender. "Fine, we won't ask what you're doing, if you don't ask us," he said.

"Well, don't let us hold you up," George said, making a mock bow and pointing at the door.

Ron stared at the three of them with narrowed eyes. "Who're you blackmailing?"

The grin vanished from all three of their faces. Lorelei glanced with narrowed eyes at George who was glancing at Fred before he smiled lazily. "Don't be stupid, I was only joking," George said easily.

"Didn't sound like that," Ron replied.

"Leave it, Ron," Lorelei tried, but the boy was relentless as he stared at them accusingly.

All three gave each other looks before Fred said abruptly, "I've told you before, Ron, keep your nose out if you like it the shape it is. Can't see why you would, but--"

"It's my business if you're blackmailing someone," said Ron. "George's right, you could all three end up in serious trouble for that."

"Told you, I was joking," George said. Lorelei walked over to Fred and ripped the letter from his hand. She walked to the nearest barn owl and tied the letter to his foot. She could see Harry eye her wearily, but she only sent him a wink and a grin that matched Fred's as she sent the barn owl away. George continued, "You're starting to sound like our dear older brother, you are, Ron. Carry on like this you'll be made a prefect."

"No, I won't!" Ron replied hotly.

Lorelei walked over to George and grabbed his hand. She smirked at Ron. "Well, stop telling people what to do then. See you!"

Lorelei grinned again as she grabbed Fred's hand and pulled them from the Owlery far away from the nosy, prodding fourth-years. When they were far enough, she let go of both of their hands and whacked their arms. "They're suspicious already. We just made it ten times worse."

Fred snorted as they walked into the Great Hall for breakfast. "Oh, well. Ron'll give up if we keep comparing him to Perfect Percy."

The days passed quicker as June rolled into play. Lorelei received letters almost daily from Sirius about Harry to make sure he was not lying in his letters. When Harry and Lorelei spoke, he told her about what Dumbledore said and his dreams. Voldemort was getting stronger again. The time of his return was getting closer, and no one could do anything to stop it. Harry was frightened, as anyone would be, but he didn't like to show it in front of his friends or Sirius. In front of Lorelei, however, the boy would sometimes bawl when he had too much pent up.

Lorelei spent a lot of time teaching Harry sixth-year and below charms and spells that he could use in the maze that they knew not much about. She taught him many defensive spells, but of course, the boy was a natural. He caught on quicker to the defensive spells than the offensive, which Lorelei was fine with. Everything Snape had taught her in that year was being taught to Harry who seemed to just soak in the knowledge.

Hermione and Ron took over once it became closer to the task because his two best friends were just as worried as she was. She seemed to be writing more and more to James as a way to just vent out her anger and frustration. She couldn't wait for the day the tournament was over.

With Rita Skeeter sending out more horrible interviews and articles, Harry was getting even tenser. George could see the stress on Lorelei, as well. He tried his best to help her study, even if he didn't want to, and take her on walks and things to take her mind off of the tournament. He even took her out one evening for a surprise dip in the lake. She could feel the stress leaving her body as soon as she went into the water, and she was happily surprised when George joined her.

The day of the Third Task arrived too quickly for anyone to blink, and Lorelei could not sleep the night before. She knew for sure that she would fail the exams this year, there was no doubt with everything stacking in her mind.

-
A/N

I love this chapter. Anyways... we hit 20K reads! That's awesome! Thanks for the comments and votes. Happy reading!