- 2 0 - SEEKER

"CAPUT DRACONIS," Lorelei muttered to the Fat Lady's portrait

"CAPUT DRACONIS," Lorelei muttered to the Fat Lady's portrait. She was hiding Brizo from Lee's tarantula. She would hex that thing into the forest if he didn't quit. Lorelei heard a cackle and saw Peeves standing near her.

"Yes, Peeves?" she asked annoyed. Before he could answer, she smirked. "Hey, could you do me a favor? Find Lee's tarantula and have a little fun with it." Peeve's eyes twinkled and he took off to find the boy. She snickered and walked into the Common Room.

She saw Percy speaking to Penelope, the other Prefect for Ravenclaw. She grinned at the two. She saw Angelina speaking with Alicia about something. She waved at Ron who was sitting with Harry by the fireplace. She had no idea where the twins were.

The term had begun and lessons seemed to only grow harder. With Quidditch trials coming, Oliver Wood made sure to let them know, so she was trying to stay ahead before she got behind. Brizo quickly left her hands to go to his new best friend. She couldn't keep Brizo away from Harry.

"Sorry 'bout him," Lorelei said following the crab giving him a stern look.

Harry only grinned and allowed the crab to find a comfortable position on his lap. "It's fine."

Lorelei nodded and walked over to Angelina and Alicia. "Hello, dear friends."

"Hello, our favorite mermaid," Angelina started with a twinkle in her eye.

Lorelei groaned. "Not this again."

"Please, Lor!" Alicia cried causing a few heads to turn. Lorelei made the girl be quiet. Alicia ended with a quieter voice. "Why not?" They wanted to see her tail.

"Because. I don't want to make a big deal about it," Lorelei tried. Really, she didn't want to transform on a full moon and have a Slytherin see her. She didn't need another reason for them to tease her. Oh, yes. It only got worse over the summer. Now, even little first-years were making fun of her in Slytherin.

Lorelei got up and walked off to her dorm. She couldn't explain the feeling of being insecure about that part of her life. She hadn't been insecure about it before. Now, those nasty Slytherins made her feel ruddy terrible. She didn't even want to go near the water; the thought alone made her skin itch.

She decided she would hold off for as long as she could. There was no point in going as often as the years prior. She didn't want Warrington or Pucey to find her. Montague would be even worse.

The next day, Fred and George got detention for trying to get in the Forbidden Forest again. Lorelei grinned at the twins. Hagrid always caught them. They went through lessons gloomy thinking about their detention with Filch later.

Lorelei couldn't stand it. So when Snape had gone to talk to a Slytherin about his potion, Lorelei nudged George who fell into Fred. The two glared at her. "We have Hogsmeade privileges. Zonkos privileges. Only a few weeks." This seemed to brighten the two up thinking about all the pranks they would do to the students. The two were grinning by the end of the lesson. Lorelei felt herself grinning at their happiness.

A week later, Oliver had run quickly to the third-year Gryffindors during lunch. He seemed rather excited. "Have any of you seen Nester?"

"No," Angelina said looking at him suspiciously. "What's up, Wood?"

Oliver was practically skipping around the third-years. "We got a Seeker."

"Try-outs are in a few days, Wood," Fred said with a snort.

"No, no. McGonagall came and snatched me out of class. Thought I was being replaced or something. Nope. Little Harry Potter is playing for us," Oliver said happily but his voice was low as if it was a secret.

"Harry!? He's a first-year," Lorelei said with nervousness. He would get hurt.

"Ah, no. We'll practice with him. Practice starts Friday. We have to see what he's got in a Scrimmage match. We're so going to win!" Oliver skipped off happily.

Harry had walked in with Ron later at dinner. Fred and George pulled Lorelei up to go speak to him. "Well done," said George in a low voice and patted Harry's back. "Wood told us earlier. We're on the team too--Beaters, Fred and I."

Lorelei grinned at Harry. "One of the Chasers. I hope you're as good as Wood says, Potter."

"I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch cup for sure this year," said Fred. "We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You must be good, Harry, Wood was almost skipping when he told us."

Lorelei nodded and saw Harry looking nervous now. "Oh, don't worry. Friday's practice will be your worst. All captains do it. Just be prepared. Anyway, didn't Lee need us?" She directed her last statement to the twins.

"Yeah," Fred started and looked at Ron and Harry smirking. "Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school."

"Bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week. See you," George said grabbing Lorelei's arm to drag her away from them.

Harry grinned. "I didn't know they played Quidditch. Even Lorelei?"

"Mermaids are vicious. You should've seen her over the summer. Fred never ran from her so fast after that last prank he did," Ron said with a grin.

When the twins and Lorelei found Lee, he was not happy. "What did you do to him, Lor!" he growled out at the mermaid. She was glad Brizo was with Percy.

She smirked. "What did I do?"

"Where is my tarantula?" Lee crossed his arms over his chest to try and look threatening.

"I think I may have seen Peeves around here somewhere," Lorelei said pretending to be thinking. Lee shrieked and went off to find either Peeves or the Bloody Baron, as he was the only one who could control Peeves.

Lorelei smirked when George grinned at her. "Evil, you are. C'mon. Let's see where this secret passage is."