- 1 7 2 - OPHELIA'S TANTRUM

RON PLACED KISSES ALL OVER OPHELIA'S FACE AS SHE GIGGLED AT THE FEELING

RON PLACED KISSES ALL OVER OPHELIA'S FACE AS SHE GIGGLED AT THE FEELING. He was becoming Ophelia's favorite person, much to the dismay of Fleur and Lorelei who watched the pair on the side. Lorelei grinned when Ophelia began to cry, knowing it was time for her to be fed. Grabbing the chubby girl from Ron, the boy pouting as she did so, Lorelei placed her own kiss on the baby's cheek.

"Hi, sweet girl," Lorelei said, loving the way her bright blue eyes stared at Lorelei's face. "You're missing Daddy, aren't you?" Ophelia giggled. "I knew it."

"When is he coming?" Ron asked as he followed Lorelei into the kitchen. He watched Lorelei pull a bottle from the fridge before using her wand to warm it up. "Lor?"

Lorelei took a deep breath. "I'm not sure." It had been a week since George had last seen his family, and Lorelei was worried. Bill had gone to check on them, but he only said the Ministry was watching the Weasley family all too closely right now. "I hope soon."

Lorelei began to feed Ophelia while humming a song. Ron had sat down to watch, smiling brightly at the pair. The sight almost made him want to never leave, but as Christmas was two weeks away, he knew he had to start his search to find Harry and Hermione. When Ophelia was fed and burped, Lorelei began to sing instead of hum, watching as her baby began to fall asleep right in her arms.

"You're absolute perfect at this, you know?" Ron whispered, smiling when Ophelia began to smile in her sleepy state.

Lorelei grinned at the boy before walking to Lorelei and Ophelia's bedroom. Embry laid on her bed, reading a book on Potions (yes, Lorelei was teaching him his sixth year N.E.W.T material), but he smiled when he saw Lorelei come in to lay Ophelia in the makeshift cot they had created. Embry leaned over the bed to watch Ophelia sleep, Lorelei still singing softly. The mermaid had sat next to Embry now, running a hand through his hair. The boy began to get sleepy as well.

"All right, Lorelei?" Embry whispered sleepily.

"Just missing him and worried about the world," Lorelei hummed back, the room quiet without her singing. Ophelia slept peacefully, her innocence to the world making Lorelei want to cry. It seemed everything just kept getting worse with the Ministry. Soon, the Weasleys may have to go into hiding, then what? How do they win? Lorelei wondered if Harry was doing everything he needed to... did he need help? Lorelei felt a tear leave her eye.

"Hey... don't cry," Embry said quickly, sitting up to lean against Lorelei properly. "He'll come around. Bill and Ron are both red-heads, so I'm sure Lia doesn't know the difference."

Lorelei let out a choked laugh at that.

"I hate seeing you upset," Embry murmured, watching Ophelia mumble baby noises in her sleep. "You need to think positive, right?"

Lorelei tried.

When Ron announced he was leaving to find Harry and Hermione, Lorelei broke down again. She hated the unknown. Ron didn't know where he was going. What if he was in trouble? What if he couldn't find them, and what if he did and something was wrong? Lorelei felt her throat constrict at the thought. However, the mermaid put a fake smile on, hugged the youngest male Weasley, and wished him well on the journey. Ron could tell she was not happy, but he had to go. Kissing her forehead and Ophelia's chubby cheek, he Disapparated off of Shell Cottage's property.

Ophelia frowned when the boy disappeared; her face contorting to a scowl. Bill sniggered from next to her. Lorelei glanced at him curiously, eyebrow raised in question. He grinned and shrugged his shoulders. "Lia makes the same expressions as you." Lorelei scowled causing Bill to laugh even more.

Lorelei continued to occupy herself with teaching Embry, helping Fleur cook and clean, and taking care of Ophelia. Embry knew she felt better being productive, so he never complained when she made him read and do assignments. Ophelia was growing everyday, the outfits Bill would bring home from Molly always fitting her size no matter if she grew. Lorelei was content with the distractions, but the worry of George made her always go back to being upset. Bill promised the boy was okay, but there were Ministry workers stationed outside the shop and the Burrow. If George left to go somewhere, they would follow him. This was just the beginning.

"Lia, please stop crying. Mummy doesn't know what you need," Lorelei cried out, bouncing the sweet baby as the pair were alone in the kitchen. Embry was still asleep, Bill had gone to work, and Fleur went to visit Molly. It was a week before Christmas. Lorelei couldn't calm the baby screaming in her arms. "Mummy fed you, changed you, so what is it?" The baby screamed louder.

Bouncing her and humming a song, Lorelei frowned when Embry walked into the kitchen with terrible bedhead and a frown on his face. "What's the matter?"

"I don't know," Lorelei whimpered, humming again when the baby seemed to quiet down for a moment. When her eyes locked on Embry's, she wailed louder. "She doesn't like your face, go sit in the living room."

Embry snorted and walked off, mumbling about laying on the couch.

"Lia, Lia, it's all right, my sweet girl," Lorelei mumbled, but Ophelia was not having it.

Lorelei heard the sound of Apparition, and apparently, Embry did, too. With his wand out, he ran back into the kitchen where the front door was being knocked on. Ophelia screamed at the sight of Embry, the baby really not wanting to see him. When Embry yelled out who was it, Lorelei sighed in immense relief when George called out it was him.

Embry asked him a question to confirm his identity, and when the door opened to reveal George in all his Holeyness, the screams and wails stopped.

With a glare, Lorelei watched as Ophelia reached her small arms out for George.