- 3 7 - FILTHY LITTLE MUDBLOOD

LORELEI SMILED AT HARRY ON FRIDAY MORNING

LORELEI SMILED AT HARRY ON FRIDAY MORNING. She and Harry were up the earliest, both going to the Great Hall to grab a piece of toast or something to eat.

"Fred says you haven't been yourself. What's been going on?" Harry asked curiously. "I mean, I've never seen you and Alicia not get on well."

"Well, she's been a thorn in my side since the start of term," Lorelei mumbled. "Dumbledore says it's a mermaid thing: bad tempers. He says it's not wise to get on a mermaid's bad side." They had gotten their toast and were walking to the Quidditch Pitch.

Harry grinned. "Is that why you get so angry at Ron and me?"

"Hmm, essentially. You boys will give me grey hair early. I worry about you two," she replied shoving him a bit.

They weren't the first there as Oliver and Katie were talking. Lorelei could hear Fred, George, and Angelina walking somewhat behind them.

George nudged Fred. "Why's she avoiding me?"

"Hmm, I wonder why," Angelina drawled shoving him. "You've been up Alicia's arse. Lorelei's your best mate, and you've been pushing her away for Spinnet!"

George didn't reply.

Oliver started talking immediately about a new Quidditch plan he devised over the summer. Fred stood next to Lorelei sending her a small, tired smile. Once Oliver pulled out a large diagram of the Quidditch field, Lorelei groaned to herself. It was too early for this. As soon as new tactics were being mentioned, Lorelei felt Fred's head fall onto her shoulders. Soft snores began to fall out of his mouth. Lorelei giggled quietly at the scene.

"Is that clear? Any questions?" Oliver uttered after like twenty minutes of speaking.

"I have a question, Oliver," said George, who fell onto Angelina's shoulder in a similar manner to Fred. He stood up straight with a tired look in his eyes. "Why couldn't you have told us all this yesterday when we were awake?"

Oliver glowered at everyone. "Now, listen here, you lot! We should have won the Quidditch cup last year. We're easily the best team. But unfortunately, owing to circumstances beyond our control...anyway, we'll train harder than ever before! Let's go!"

When out on the field, they began to hover above the ground. Lorelei sighed leaning forward on her broom. She just wanted to fall asleep. When they heard clicking noises from a camera, Oliver thought it was a Slytherin spy, but Harry quickly said he was in Gryffindor.

"The Slytherins don't need a spy, Oliver," Lorelei said glancing at the green robes coming toward them.

Oliver glared at her. "What makes you say that?"

"Because they're here in person," said George pointing.

Oliver began to cry out in outrage while lowering himself to the ground. The team followed. Lorelei groaned at the early confrontation. She just wanted to practice so she could sleep in her lessons.

"FLINT!" Oliver yelled at the Slytherin Captain. "We've got the pitch booked this morning. You can clear off!"

He smirked, glancing at the Gryffindors. His eyes lingered on Lorelei. "Plenty of room for all of us, Wood," he replied. George and Fred noticed his looking over at Lorelei, so they both stepped forward and pushed her behind them.

Montague nudged Pucey who looked at Lorelei with matching smirks. The twins didn't like the way they were looking at her at all.

"I booked the field!" Oliver yelled.

Flint smirked at Lorelei. "Ah, but I have a note from Professor Snape. We've got to train our new Seeker."

Oliver became immediately distracted. "You've got a new Seeker? Who?"

And the Slytherins parted to show Draco Malfoy.

"Aren't you Lucius Malfoy's son?" Fred dared to ask.

"Funny you should mention Draco's father," Flint said with a mischievous glint in his eye. The Gryffindors watched as each Slytherin player showed off their new broomstick. "Let us show you the generous gift he made to the Slytherin team."

Ron and Hermione had made their way over making some Slytherins mumble nasty things. Lorelei pushed the twins aside as her eyes darkened at Montague.

"What's wrong, you ugly fish?"

"Leave it, Montague," Flint said with a smirk of his own. "We don't want to give the blood-traitors a reason to get aggressive, do we?"

"I don't know, Flint. I think we may," Malfoy said with a sneer.

Lorelei's eyes were pitch black as her teeth were as sharp as razors. "Watch it, Malfoy," she hissed showing a few her sharp teeth. The Slytherin team took a step back.

Ron hesitated in asking, "What's he doing here?"

"I'm the new Slytherin Seeker, Weasley," Malfoy said rather smug. He then started to brag about their brooms.

Hermione sneered at him. "At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in! They got in on pure talent!"

"No one asked for your opinion, you filthy, little Mudblood," Malfoy sneered back.

Lorelei never attacked a student without a wand before. Today was a first.

Malfoy screeched when Lorelei punched him directly in the nose as Angelina screamed, "How dare you!?"

Fred and George were trying to fight Malfoy as well, but Flint pushed them back. Oliver had to grab Lorelei's arms after she punched Malfoy thrice more. Ron pulled out his broken wand and yelled, "You'll pay for that one, Malfoy!"

Soon, Ron's spell he tried to send toward Malfoy failed and redirected at himself. Ron was puking up slugs as Oliver was trying to hold back a ferocious Lorelei.

"Fred! George! Come take her back to the Common Room!" Oliver yelled toward the twins while trying to hold back as Harry and Hermione were dragging Ron toward Hagrid's hut.

They knew the practice was over for today.

-
A/N

Hi! I haven't really done one of these yet, but I'm really enjoying the love I'm getting for this story. I already have it written until the end of Order of the Phoenix (oops lol) so I'm enjoying the nice comments as I upload! I don't really have an update schedule, but I'll try to think of one soon.

Thanks again and happy reading! :)