- 7 8 - COMFORTABLE

"AH, I WAS WONDERING IF YOU FORGOT ABOUT ME, MISS CALYPSO," Dumbledore mused as Lorelei took a seat in the chair in front of Dumbledore's desk

Lorelei had always enjoyed Dumbledore's office. It reflected the man completely. There were objects floating, blue and grey colors everywhere, and portraits of the old headmasters around him. She smiled lightly at the headmaster.

"I-I was eating dinner. Sorry," she said with a frown thinking of why she was there. She hoped nothing would happen to Moody because she didn't want to be the reason a man was fired... even if she didn't like him.

"I was going to come down, I normally do, but I'm trying my best to get this tournament underway... ah, well. I heard from Professor Hagrid about your crab. May I see him?" Dumbledore asked gesturing to the crab shaking on Lorelei's lap.

Lorelei sat Brizo on the desk. "He'll come if he feels comfortable, Professor. I-I don't want to force him--"

"I understand, Miss Calypso. He knows I won't harm him, oh look, here he comes." Dumbledore smiled when the crab padded his way over to him.

"Remus Lupin owl'd me this morning, Lorelei."

"About?" she asked knowing the answer.

"Being comfortable is what I've always wanted for my students at Hogwarts. I especially wanted you to be because I promised Amatheia; I don't like breaking my promises, you see. So, you will not be returning to Professor Moody's Defense Against the Dark Arts class," he said while making silly faces at the crab like it was a small child. Lorelei chuckled at the sight until she heard what he said.

"What will I take instead?" she questioned.

"You'll still take Defense, but it'll be with a different professor. I would do it myself, but this tournament will take too much of my time. And... well, Professor Snape has offered to do it. Will that make you more comfortable, Lorelei?"

"I'd much prefer Professor Snape over Moody," she said actually feeling relief at his words. "When are these lessons?"

"The days you have Defense, you'll go after your normal lessons. You should go speak to Professor Snape about the time of said lessons. Professor Moody's period will now be a free hour. Use it well," he said with his eyes twinkling. "I will speak to him about his usage of spells, do not worry about your friends."

Lorelei nodded and took Brizo back when he was ready. "Thank you, Professor."

"Now, you need to owl your mother, Remus, or Sirius. All three were worried about your last letter. Let them know of our solution, Miss Calypso," Dumbledore said. "Off you go to Severus. He'll be awaiting you."

Lorelei sighed at having another place to go, especially the dungeons, but she sucked it up. No more Moody. She'd take Snape as a Defense teacher any day. When she made it to his office after the long walk, she knocked gently.