- 1 5 - PRANK

FOR CHRISTMAS, AMATHEIA CAME OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN

FOR CHRISTMAS, AMATHEIA CAME OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN. She enjoyed the time she spent with Molly, surprisingly. The mermaid thought she would hate to be around witches and wizards after her lover abandoned her. She learned that she could not cook whatsoever, which reminded her dearly of Pandora Lovegood's cooking that she did when the mermaids were living with them.

Lorelei and the twins were sitting near the water, though Lorelei was the only one who had her feet in. The twins deemed it too cold, but she didn't mind or see the difference. The twins were writing a letter to Lee about their Christmas gifts while also writing one to Angelina and Alicia for Lorelei. Lorelei wanted to stay near the water, so Fred was writing Angelina's while George wrote Alicia's. They were sweet when they wanted to be.

"What am I saying to her?" Fred questioned while watching Lorelei fully push her body into the freezing water. "Even Brizo is cold. What the hell, Lor? You'll catch a sickness."

Lorelei waved him off as she began to float. "Just ask her how her Christmas was. Let her know I'm well, and you both, too. Simple and short. Not a novel, Freddie."

"Says you. What am I? Your writing slave?"

"Hmm. Sounds good," Lorelei hummed while floating. She wasn't really paying attention to what the boys were talking about.

George threw a rock near her body to get her out of her trance. "Oi! Come on. Mum's made lunch." Lorelei glared at the boy, but she swam to get out. George wrapped a towel around her before getting his letters and walking off with Fred.

Lorelei dried herself off without magic and followed shortly after with Brizo on her shoulder.

The holidays were not quick to pass really, but it felt like it. When the mermaid was back in Hogwarts, she almost felt like life was moving too quickly for her liking. The next Quidditch match was against Slytherin, as they had won the match again Hufflepuff. The twins were making Filch have a permanent spot for them in detention because they couldn't control their urges to prank. Lee and Lorelei were sometimes stuck in the crossfire, but Lee normally didn't mind.

Lorelei did not have time for pranks or detention. She had two essays, Potions and Charms, and a Transfiguration assignment that was due to all on the same day. Of course, it was due on a day that there was Quidditch practice the night before, so Lorelei was working hard to finish it early. Her History of Magic Professor, Professor Binns, was rather boring. She normally did his homework before the class even ended.

Lee nudged Lorelei on the way to the library. "Help me with Sinistra's assignment? I feel like I'm going to fail Astronomy."

Lorelei nodded, but she was weary. Lee is never too far from the twins. They never wanted to work in the library.

When the two sat down, she could tell Lee was antsy about something.

"Lee, what's going on?"

"Astronomy. What else?"

"That's Binn's assignment."

"Oh."

Before Lorelei could question further, she felt a book hit her head. She glared at Lee who only smiled sheepishly. She looked at the book and saw it was for Astronomy. She knew better than to open it, but her curiosity won over her instinct. She opened the book, but she wished she hadn't.

Smoke puffed out of the book covering the girl's face and upper body. It was sticky and soft at the same time like someone mixed flour and water. She looked up at Lee who was laughing hysterically. She heard the bookshelf laughing as well, but she knew better.

"Weasleys! I swear to Neptune--"

"SHH! No yelling in the library!" Madam Pince yelled.

Lorelei turned, which only made the twins laugh further at the picture of her face completely covered in the substance. Laughter was around her as students saw the explosion happen.

With a glare, she drew out her wand and quickly muttered a cleaning spell she had learned. The twins widened their eyes at her. Her eyes had darkened considerably. She looked scary.

"Next time you really need help, don't bother to ask me," Lorelei hissed at the three boys and grabbed her things before leaving the library all together.

Lee looked at the twins. "Er...maybe not a good idea?"

Fred scoffed. "She'll be fine. And she'll still help me with my Potion essay tonight as she said this morning."

She didn't help the three boys with their homework.

Lorelei wasn't even talking to them besides yelling commands during Quidditch practice and during the Slytherin game. They had lost due to Montague pushing Angelina almost completely off her broom leaving her with a broken arm. Oliver was livid.

It was now February, and Lorelei had managed a whole month of no twins or Lee. They were a wreck with their homework. Lee really did need help with Astronomy, and the twins were on the verge of failing Transfiguration and History.

Lorelei smirked one evening as she was working on her Transfiguration lesson. Angelina was trying to help them, but even she couldn't deal with their idiotic questions. For some reason, Lorelei seemed to be the only one that got through their small brains.

Angelina yelled out dramatically. "Lor! Get your arse over here. I'm done! I quit!"

Lorelei stayed seated but smirked even wider at the desperate looks on the twin's faces. They had received a Howler from their mum about their grades after a letter went home from McGonagall. They were desperate to never have that happen again. Embarrassing, it was.

Fred, George, and Lee sulked over to the table Lorelei was sitting at.

"Now, boys. What did we learn?" Fred and George scoffed while Lee looked fearful. "Come on. Get your stuff out."

The three boys relaxed while Angelina thanked Merlin in the background. Lorelei started with Astronomy and by the early morning, they were glad Lorelei didn't hold long grudges. McGonagall held a pop quiz the following day. The twins didn't fail.