- 4 1 - ASTRONOMY HOMEWORK

EVERYONE WAS THINKING HARRY WAS THE HEIR OF SLYTHERIN

EVERYONE WAS THINKING HARRY WAS THE HEIR OF SLYTHERIN. As he was there when Flich's cat was petrified, and when Justin and Nick were, there was nothing good pointing toward him. Lorelei couldn't believe it, though. Even after the whole school found out he could speak to snakes.

Lorelei felt bad for the boy. It was only his second year, and he couldn't catch a break in the magical world.

Fred and George found everything about it hilarious. They knew the boy was not the heir of Slytherin, so they made jokes. Lorelei was spending more time with the twins again, much to Angelina, Fred, and Lee's happiness.

Fred and George were walking on either side of Lorelei, who had Brizo perched on her shoulder when they saw Harry. It was a few days before the holiday, so everyone was still here. The twins dragged her in front of Harry and began to yell.

"Watch out!" Lorelei gasped dramatically.

"Make way for the heir of Slytherin!" Fred continued.

George finished by saying, "Seriously evil wizard coming through!"

Lorelei laughed along as they turned back to see Ron smirking and Harry looking at them with a deadpanned look.

Their laughter was cut short when Percy came up to them. "It is not a laughing matter!"

Fred pushed Percy aside. "Oh, get out of the way, Percy. Harry's in a hurry!"

"Yeah, he's off to the Chamber of Secrets for a cup of tea with his fanged servant!" George stated happily.

Lorelei snorted and swatted their chests when Harry blushed a bit at passing people who thought they were being serious.

Ginny was one of them. She wailed as she passed making Lorelei frown at her. Ginny had been rather strange this year. Percy huffed and walked away angered. Harry smiled weakly at his Quidditch teammates. He was glad they didn't really think it was him.

Lorelei knocked his shoulder lightly. "We'll figure this out, Harry. Don't fret." He gave her a funny look before Ron dragged him off somewhere.

George grabbed Lorelei's arm with a sickeningly sweet smile. "So, since we're talking again. Would you be a dear and help me with my Astronomy homework?"

Lorelei rolled her eyes but nodded. "What're you going to do next year with OWL exams?"

"Hopefully not take them."

"Right. Come on, Georgie," she said with a roll of her eyes. Fred and Angelina said they were going find an empty classroom (more than they needed to know) so they left them to themselves.

George and Lorelei made it to the Common Room and sat on their couch. Lorelei saw Alicia giving them a look of hatred from across the room. Rolling her eyes, she looked back at George who was already smirking at her.

"Don't start anything, Lor," he drawled while taking out his star journal Professor Sinistra made them use. "She's a bit miffed that I won't show her attention."

"Hmm," Lorelei hummed while taking out her own journal. "She likes you. That's obvious."

"Well, I don't fancy her at all. Which star did you say your mum's favorite was? I was going to do my essay on it. You seem to know a lot about it," George replied taking out his parchment for the essay. Lorelei smiled and pulled out her notes on the star Regulus. She handed it to him and leaned on his shoulder while he wrote.

She would mumble out thoughts for him to write while he copied her words or her notes. He would glance over at her out of the corner of his eye here and there to see her with a small, satisfied smile on her face. He had never been more willing and happy to write an essay.

After he wrote the last word, neither wanted to move and ruin the moment. He heard her sigh like she was about to move, so he quickly reached out for her hand to keep her in place. He hadn't wanted the moment to end. He knew he was in far too deep. He fancied Lorelei bad.

"George?" Lorelei whispered in the quiet Common Room after moments of silence. People were migrating to their dorms and the room was getting emptier. When George hummed in response, she smiled. "Nothing. Just wanted to see if you were awake. I should be heading to bed soon. We have exams before the holidays, you know."

"Hmm, Fred and I were planning on covering Snape's classroom with dung bombs."

Lorelei snorted but said nothing except, "Count me in."

And he did. The term ended with the four of them, counting Lee, of course, getting detention even after the holidays. Oliver would be furious, but Lorelei couldn't find a care in the wizarding world. She was feeling better than she had all term.