- 1 7 1 - RON RETURNS

OPHELIA STOLE THE HEARTS OF EVERY MAN AND WOMAN THAT VISITED HER

OPHELIA STOLE THE HEARTS OF EVERY MAN AND WOMAN THAT VISITED HER. Remus was the first to come after Lorelei's Patronus. He frowned when Lorelei practically forced the little girl into his arms, but soon, he found himself smiling. He was worried he would hurt her, but Tonks's reassuring words helped him get the hang of it.

After all, they would be having their own child soon. It turns out, Lorelei was not the only pregnant woman at Bill and Fleur's wedding.

Fred and George still worked at the shop, but George spent the rest of his time at Lorelei and Ophelia's side. Fred was almost worse than George, almost always tending to Ophelia when the parents weren't fast enough. He only said he was taking his 'godfather duties' seriously.

Arthur had completely fallen in love with Ophelia as well, grinning when he would play with her small tuff of red hair that had grown quite quickly. Molly watched the man in awe, almost reconsidering having another child.

It had been almost two months since Ophelia was born, and Lorelei was right in saying she would be spoiled and a daddy's girl. Ophelia was absolutely fascinated by George. When the pair were alone with their little girl (in those rare moments), he would lay her on his stomach and sing tunes Lorelei had no idea about, but Ophelia loved them. Lorelei was jealous at first at how much Ophelia preferred George's company, but soon, Lorelei became the only one who could put her to sleep peacefully. Lorelei was perfect at the mothering gig, Molly thought often; it suited Lorelei.

The Ministry paid the Burrow a visit on November first when Arthur returned home, three men yelling to search the house for any half-breeds. Lorelei quickly grabbed Ophelia, Embry's hand, and her wand before Apparating to the flat where she knew she'd be safe until those men left. Hiding in her old bedroom's closet, she waited silently. She didn't realize tears were streaming down her face until Ophelia grabbed at her face, making gurgling noises. Lorelei smiled at her baby's bright blue eyes and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"We're all right, Lia. Shh, shh," Lorelei cooed. Embry growled out in frustration, not enjoying hiding in such a small closet, but he was distracting Ophelia, which was all Lorelei needed at that moment since her mind was far off. She was glad that the other merpeople were in the water. She hoped they stayed hidden.

George found them after an urgent Patronus from Molly and a visit from Arthur that night. They knew Lorelei was smart, grabbing Embry and Ophelia and getting out of there. Apparently, the Ministry had a list of half-breeds to imprison, and Lorelei and Embry were on the top of it. When George called out in the flat just to be sure, he was glad when Ophelia giggled at her father's voice.

Lorelei, Ophelia, and Embry were moved to Shell Cottage while Clara, Florence, Ursula, and Uriah were sent back to the water at the next full moon for their safety. With Dumbledore gone, the merfolk weren't going to be safe in the wizarding world. Bethany was still with Lee, hidden, as she refused to return to the waters.

Shell Cottage was where Bill and Fleur lived, and they were more than happy to host the three half-breeds until it was safe again. George hated leaving them, but he swore to come back everyday. Knowing there was nothing they could do, Lorelei put her baby's needs first. Ophelia needed to be safe, and Bill and Fleur were wonderful with helping Lorelei take care of her.

Ronald showed up at Shell Cottage on November fifteen, worn and tired. After a harsh questioning from Bill, he allowed his brother into the cottage not realizing the wrath he was about to experience from Lorelei.

Handing the baby to Fleur, she grabbed Ron's ear and shoved him into an empty bedroom. "YOU LEFT THEM!?" she hissed out, body fully capable of half-transforming now that the baby was gone. She had lost the baby fat, so she looked just as Ron remembered before she became pregnant. He took a moment to smile at her, missing her more than most. "RONALD!"

"What? Oh... right. There's a lot I need to tell you," Ron said with a grimace.

"You better have a damn good excuse," she hissed.

He didn't. Well, not at first.

Ron explained, after putting the silencing charm on the room, the basics of the mission. Whether or not Harry wanted anyone to know, he didn't care. Lorelei deserved to know what happened to her father. Ron explained Horcruxes, how Tom Riddle's diary was one in his second year of Hogwarts. He told her that they found the locket on Umbridge the day they broke into the Ministry. He, then, explained what Kreacher told them about her father.

Horrified by the story, she saw her father in a different light. Sure, he was an arse for leaving her mother, for becoming a Death Eater to begin with, but... he tried to leave.

"I-In the letter we found in his room, he was writing to your mother, but he never sent it. He explained how much he loved you just from what Sirius had told him... er--here, I brought it with me," he handed the letter to Lorelei who thanked him quietly. "Well, the Horcruxes... they bring out your worse side. We took turns wearing the locket, and I got angry. I was angry and jealous that Hermione and Harry were figuring things out while I stayed in bed hurt from a bad splinch... I lashed out on Harry... As soon as I left, I tried to go back, but they were gone and Hermione knows all sorts of spells to hide them... I am going to find them. I'll stay here for a few days and then get a move on."

Lorelei nodded, grabbing his hand that was resting awkwardly on a chair he placed in front of him to protect him in case Lorelei came at him angrily. She smiled. "I'm glad you're all right. H-Have you had any luck with the other Horcruxes?"

"Harry said there was a goblet in a memory Dumbledore showed him... I'm not sure you'd have a clue where that was?" Ron asked moodily, pulling his hand away to run it through his hair. "That's the only other clue we have."

"Uh... hi. Can I visit my vault?" she asked politely. The goblin only scoffed and asked for her name. "Lorelei Calypso. My father's vault is the one Dumbledore said I was to use."

The goblin looked up carefully. "Ah. Do you have your key?"

"Yes, I have my key," she said handing it to him. He nodded and told her to follow him. "Thank you."

She had never been to Gringotts alone. The goblin, she learned to be Griphook, brought her to a vault. After opening it, she grabbed handfuls and stuffed them into her bag. Not caring whether it was Sickles, Knuts, or Galleons, she quickly took what she could. She saw a rather odd-looking cup sitting on a shelf, but she thought against touching it. She didn't even know who her father was.

Lorelei gasped aloud thinking about her fourth year of Hogwarts. "I-I'm not sure what the goblet looks like, but in my father's vault, there was a cup sitting alone on the highest shelf. When I moved everything into my own name two years ago, a goblin was staring at it in disgust... You could always check there."

Ron grinned a bit. "Yeah, we'll just walk right into Gringotts with your key... Break into Gringotts, you mean? You're funny. When I find Harry, I'll let him know," Ron said with a grin. "Now, can I see my beautiful niece?"