- 1 1 9 - PANIC

WHEN THEY ARRIVED AT GRIMMAULD, HARRY WAS ASKED TO EXPLAIN HIS VISION AGAIN

WHEN THEY ARRIVED AT GRIMMAULD, HARRY WAS ASKED TO EXPLAIN HIS VISION AGAIN. The Weasley twins were pacing a bit, and Lorelei was sitting in between Harry and Ron, holding one of their hands. Ron looked as if he was to be sick. Harry seemed in pain. After his recollection of events, Lorelei knew that Dark Lord had been in his head; though, it was by accident.

"Is Mum here?" Fred finally broke the silence, turning to Sirius.

"She probably doesn't even know what's happened yet," Sirius replied, giving his niece a brief smile to which she returned when they locked gazes. He could see her knee bouncing and the pained expression on her face. He wondered if she was worried for Arthur or if it was something else? "The important thing was to get you away before Umbridge could interfere. I expect Dumbledore's letting Molly know now."

"We've got to go to St. Mungo's," said Ginny urgently, standing. "Sirius, can you lend us cloaks or anything--?"

"Hang on, you can't go tearing off to St. Mungo's!" Sirius yelled out, standing as well.

Lorelei watched in horror as Fred stood up soon after with a mulish expression on his face. "'Course we can go to St. Mungo's if we want! He's our Dad!"

"And how are you going to explain how you knew Arthur was attacked before the hospital even let his wife know?" Sirius replied, trying to keep his composure.

"What does that matter?" George said hotly. Lorelei stood up now because she could feel an argument brewing.

"It matters because we don't want to draw attention to the fact that Harry is having visions of things that are happening hundreds of miles away!" Sirius replied angrily. "Have you any idea what the Ministry would make of that information!"

Fred and George glanced at each other. They didn't care at that moment what would happen to Harry, Lorelei noticed. The thought made her frown. Ginny said, "Somebody else could have told us... We could have heard it somewhere other than Harry." The girl was trying to make it better, but Sirius was getting irritated.

"Like who?" he replied impatiently. "Listen, your dad's been hurt while on duty for the Order and the circumstances are fishy enough without his children knowing about it seconds after it happened, you could seriously damage the Order's--"

"We don't care about the dumb Order!" Fred shouted at him.

"It's our dad dying we're talking about!" George yelled.

Lorelei gave Brizo to Ron and moved next to Sirius to glare at the twins. "Stop it!" The twins looked shocked that the mermaid was siding with Sirius before their angry expressions returned.

"Your father knew what he was getting into, and he won't thank you for messing things up for the Order!" bellowed Sirius, putting a hand on Lorelei's shoulder. He didn't want her arguing with her best friends over this. "This is how it is--this is why you're not in the Order--you don't understand--there are things worth dying for!"

"Easy for you to say, stuck here!" Fred finally yelled the one thing he knew would make Sirius explode. "I don't see you risking your neck!"

"Frederick Weasley!" Lorelei shouted, sounding eerily like Molly at that moment. "You sound just like your mother before term started! Do you forget the Order was formed before! That he was apart of it! You both need to sit your arses down before I make you! We can't go anywhere, not without Molly coming here first!" Lorelei finished with a growl. Her eyes were dark and her teeth pointed. The twins watched as, for the first time, her nails began to sharpen a bit. She was livid, and they were on the receiving end of it.

Sirius quickly wrapped an arm around Lorelei's waist and picked her up before she could pounce on them. Though the words Fred said hurt, Sirius understood they were spoken out of anger and frustration of the situation. Placing her down behind the couch, across the room from the brooding twins, he gave her a tight-lipped smile.

"Don't move." He turned to the twins and said in an eerily calm voice. "I know it's hard, but we've all got to act as though we don't know anything yet. We've got to stay put, at least until we hear from your mother, all right?" The twins glared at the man before nodding and sitting near Ginny. They kept glancing at the mermaid in the corner who was trying to calm herself down.

Sirius clapped happily, raising his wand, he called for butterbeer for the group. He walked over to Lorelei who raised a shaking hand at him. "Just give me a minute," she hissed out. Sirius nodded and walked back to Harry.

Lorelei walked into the kitchen and grabbed her wand from her pocket, and without thinking, she Apparated out of the house.

When Molly returned, pale and shaking, she told the Weasleys, Harry, and Sirius that Arthur was fine but sleeping; Bill was looking after him. George smiled lazily at Fred, but they both noticed the lack of Lorelei in the room. After Sirius had yelled out for breakfast and began to walk into the kitchen, George recalled it had been hours since anyone had seen the mermaid.

They were answered of why they hadn't seen her with a shriek from Sirius who ran out of the kitchen. "Where is Lorelei?"

Molly paled further. "What do you mean? Did she come here with you all?"

Harry nodded and felt his heart drop to his navel. "She...er...the twins and her--"

"We had a spat hours ago," Fred said with guilt in his eyes. "She half-transformed again and stormed into the kitchen. Check the house."

George ran all over the house with a panicked look on his face. She was nowhere to be found. Sirius bit his lip in anxiety. Molly tried to reassure her children and Sirius, but they were freaking out. She was tired, but Lorelei was like her daughter as well. "We'll contact Remus, he'll be able to look for her."

Sirius conjured his Patronus and sent Remus a message. George and Fred, once again, argued to go look for her, but this time it was Molly who shot them down.