- 8 1 - FIREPLACE

"COME ON, LET'S GET FOOD FOR THE PARTY," George tried making Lorelei feel better

"COME ON, LET'S GET FOOD FOR THE PARTY," George tried making Lorelei feel better. He knew she loved watching them make a fool out of themselves when drunk; it would always cheer her up. She had been in a foul mood ever since Harry's name came out of the Goblet, but George and Fred wanted to celebrate. Little Harry had tricked Dumbledore when they couldn't! Why couldn't Lorelei just push aside her fears for the night and celebrate happily?

"I'll meet you in the Common Room. You both can go," she said trying to find a way to smile at them without it turning into a grimace.

Fred and George gave her a look before leaving for the kitchens.

When she made it to the Common Room, no one was back yet. She sat by the fireplace, gazing into it. Harry was too young to compete. Surely someone will do something to take him out of the competition? Lorelei could only hope Bagman could be good for something, but the smile on his face was already her answer. They would make Harry compete, no doubt.

She almost screamed when she saw a face appear in the logs. The handsome smile was not far from her memory. She calmed her racing heart, and then, she leaned over to the fire.

"What the hell goes through that stupid mind of yours, Sirius?" she hissed.

Sirius chuckled. "I've been waiting for one of you to be here when no one was around. Harry has been owl'ing me about his scar hurting. And with the Moody situation Remus told me about, well...I decided you both need me. I am back near Hogwarts, and I hope to see you all soon in Hogsmeade."

Lorelei gaped at the stupid idiot. "You'll get bloody caught."

"Now, Lorelei. I'm only being a good uncle and godfather."

"Right. Ending back in Azkaban will be really good," Lorelei said with a roll of her eyes. She smiled a bit when he started laughing.

"Well, where is everyone? What's going on?" Sirius asked.

"Harry's name came out of the Goblet of Fire, Sirius. I promised you, Remus, and James that I would look after him, and he went and got caught up in some stupid tournament! What if he dies, Sirius?" she began to unload her stress on the man who only stared at her curiously.

He sighed. "That boy doesn't get a break. I'll talk to him as soon as I can, Lorelei. Do you think he put his name in?"

"No! He seemed just as shocked as the rest of us. He...he wouldn't do that. I know him well enough, or I think I do," Lorelei muttered a bit bitterly at the end. What if he had put his name in? Lorelei didn't even want to think about it.

Sirius smiled at the girl. "You're looking after him well enough. Just...Dumbledore wouldn't allow him to compete, would he?"

"I heard around after the Champions were released that Bagman said  it was a magical contract. He has to."

"Damn. I'll talk to him--sort it out, you know? I'll tell him when to meet me in Hogsmeade, too," Sirius said with a firm nod of his head.

Lorelei wrapped her arms around her legs as she leaned her head on them. "I hope he'll be all right."

"He always is, Lor. Now, are you all right?"

"Snape's lessons are fine, better than the creep Moody. Something's off about him...I just haven't figured it out yet," she said with narrowed eyes. "He calls me Black like he's known me his whole life, the bloody idiot."

Sirius closed his eyes and gave out a hefty sigh. "We'll figure it out, promise. Remus and I are keeping contact and everything. We're doing our best to speak with Arthur, well, he is. Not me, of course."

Lorelei laughed, but then she heard noises. "Fred and George are coming. You must go. I'll write soon."

"Goodbye, my dear," he said with a smile, and then the fire turned back into normal logs. She sighed when she heard the two rowdy twins with Lee setting up a party: Butterbeer and Firewhiskey with all the sweets they could think of.

The party Fred and George started was loud and almost every Gryffindor was there having a good time. It seems as though the Gryffindors didn't care about Harry being underaged or inexperienced. They wanted a reason to have a party, and they got it.

Fred was snogging Angelina in the corner while Lorelei sipped on her own cup of Firewhiskey. She didn't give a damn about watching over the twins; she deserved a little buzz of her own.

The portrait opened and everyone cheered for the man of the hour. Lorelei only narrowed her eyes at the boy who was about to be dead meat.

Lorelei felt her skin begin to itch as her eyes darkened. She needed to get out of there before she punched the fourteen-year-old. Harry was pounced on by Fred and George, both asking how he had gotten his name in and why they weren't informed. Lee was throwing the Gryffindor banner like a cape around him. Katie Bell was excited the Gryffindors would get payback on Cedric from that Quidditch match last year. Lorelei scowled deeper.

Harry was only trying to go to his dorm, she noticed. He wasn't happy, and that made her feel slightly relieved at the fact that Sirius was right. He wouldn't put his own name in. She didn't really think he did, but she was skeptical at the chances. Seeing his discomfort eased her nerves a bit.

Harry's eyes caught Lorelei's and he gulped visibly when he saw the darkness in them. He backed up when she gave him a sickly-sweet smile before taking a rather large sip of her Firewhiskey. Harry quickly left to the dorm as she did so, hoping to not be caught by her anger that night after everything he had gone through.

Lorelei left the Common Room soon after that, a bit of a drunken stumble here and there. She had gotten Brizo because she was sure the crab would enjoy a dip in the lake. Was it the smartest decision to go during a full moon when she was drunk? No, but Lorelei felt her skin begin to burn as she neared the water.

"O-okay, Briz. Just a little d-dip," she slurred to the crab who seemed a bit fearful of the witch as she almost dropped him twice now.

Her swim was fine like she knew it would be. She only went star-gazing, wearing a new shirt of George's as she laid on the grass. She giggled to herself as she would let Brizo sit on her tail and then move her tail in an up-and-down motion. He was having a great time on the small ride.

A cough made the girl jerk up, the crab that was sitting on her tail went flying in the air. She laughed loudly as she caught him. Looking up, her eyes twinkled as she saw it was a badger staring at her in amusement.