- 5 7 - ARRESTO MOMENTUM

SIR CADOGAN WAS A MENACE

SIR CADOGAN WAS A MENACE. The only person he listened to was Lorelei because she was tempered and would threaten him daily. He liked to change the Gryffindor Tower passwords every five minutes, but he knew better now. He knew better because Lorelei was not one mermaid to be messed with, even if he was a portrait.

Most people tried to enter the Common Room with her because he would take whatever password she shouted at him.

The first Quidditch match made Lorelei want to scream. Not only was Madam Hooch overseeing all the practices because McGonagall said it was that or Harry and Lorelei quit, but Slytherin had also bailed because Malfoy was injured. He wasn't inured, he was a crying prat who angered the Hippogriff. They would play Hufflepuff instead.

"It's obvious why they are doing it. Nothing to do with Malfoy's arm. They don't want to play in this weather," Lorelei said with her eyes already turning black. George and Fred have been trying to make the girl feel better recently, but nothing they did seemed to work. She was like am empty shell and they weren't the only ones to notice a change.

Harry spluttered angrily to Lorelei. "There's nothing wrong with Malfoy's arm! He's faking it!"

"I know, but we can't prove it," Oliver said cutting in. "And we've been practicing all those moves assuming we're playing Slytherin, and instead it's Hufflepuff, and their style's quite different. They've got a new Captain, Cedric Diggory--" Katie and Angelina giggled making Fred and George groan. Lorelei only smirked thinking about beating Cedric at the match. Oliver glanced at them with a worried expression. "What?"

"He's that tall, good-looking one, isn't he?" Angelina questioned nudging Lorelei who only smirked wider.

"Strong and silent," Katie said causing even Lorelei to laugh a bit at their antics.

"He's only silent because he's too thick to string two words together," Fred said with an angered expression.

George agreed. "I don't know why you're worried, Oliver, Hufflepuff is a pushover. Last time we played them, Harry caught the Snitch in about five minutes, remember?"

"We were playing in completely different conditions!" Oliver spat out, his eyes bulging slightly. "Diggory's put a very strong side together! He's an excellent Seeker! I was afraid you'd take it like this! We mustn't relax! We must keep our focus! Slytherin is trying to wrong-foot us! WE MUST WIN!"

"Oliver, calm down," Lorelei said with her eyes rolling. The rest of the team looked alarmed at this. Fred nodded and said, "We're taking Hufflepuff very seriously."

"Seriously," George added.

When the match began, Cedric smiled brightly at Oliver, but Oliver only nodded angrily at him. Cedric didn't think anything of it and smiled at Lorelei who gave him a slight wave. The smirk on her face didn't waver, though, because she was ready to kick his arse. The rain couldn't even dampen her mood, but it was getting rather close.

After a while, there was too much water, and she could barely see a thing. She felt Angelina grab her robe and point to where Oliver was motioning them for a time out. Lorelei was getting rather aggravated and even the fact that they were fifty points up didn't make her feel well. Not until Hermione came and did a spell on Harry's glasses so he could see the Snitch better.

"Thank, Neptune for you, Granger," Lorelei muttered even though no one could hear her because of the rain.

Back on the field, the match didn't last much longer. Harry and Cedric were flying to get the Snitch, but the worst thing happened. Dementors flooded the field, and Harry was affected yet again. Lorelei felt something chasing her broom, and saw it was her own dementor following her trying to suck her soul as well. Feeling tears spring out of her eyes, but not on her face because it was raining, she flew to the ground not caring that the game wasn't over yet.

Suddenly, after her feet touched the ground, she fell in a fetal position waiting for the dementor to get her. It never came, however, and she looked up to see a body falling from the sky. Shakily grabbing her wand, she pointed it at the body and yelled, "Arresto Momentum!"

Harry's body gently landed on the pitch with a thud.

Lorelei felt an arm fall on her shoulder, and she recognized it as the voice of George. He pulled her body to face him. He was shouting something, but she couldn't hear it. Her wand was still clutched in her hand as she was directed to the Hospital Wing with Harry not far behind.

After a while, she shook her head and looked around to see Cedric and Oliver talking, but Oliver only brushed off the Hufflepuff, gave him a small, forced smile, and left.

"Is Harry all right?" Lorelei yelled in George's ear. George looked down at her and nodded with a grim expression. Once they made it into the Hospital Wing, the boy in question was laid on one of the beds. Lorelei frowned at his scared expression even while he was sleeping.

"Lucky Lor sent that spell," Fred said.

George nodded and said, "I thought he was dead for sure."

Lorelei snorted looking at the boy. "But he didn't even break his glasses."

Harry smirked a bit as he began to wake up because that was the first thing he heard. He glanced around at his Quidditch team all covered in mud with a small smile.

The team spoke to Harry and told him what happened to him. When Harry asked about the match, Angelina frowned and told him that Cedric had caught the Snitch not realizing what was happening. He wanted a rematch, but Oliver told him no. Oliver was now in the showers, and Fred reckoned he was trying to drown himself. Harry was beating himself over the loss while the twins were shouting out ways they could still win the Quidditch Cup. Lorelei could tell Harry wasn't happy with himself.

She brushed his hair out of his eyes and smiled at him. "Don't beat yourself up over it, Harry. You're still the best Seeker we've ever had." She looked at her team as Madam Pomfrey came over. "Come on. Let's let him rest."