- 1 7 7 - THE CUP'S PLACE

"LET'S GET INSIDE," Bill said

"LET'S GET INSIDE," Bill said. "Lorelei, what is going on?"

"They know Ron's alive and with Harry. George'll be here soon to pick us up. We're going into hiding," Lorelei said, hating when Harry's face fell. "I'm sure they've already left the Burrow, Bill, don't risk your life for that."

"I suppose I won't be returning to work, then," Bill said with a sigh. "They'll be after all of us." The large group of people made it into the living area. Lorelei heard a cough from up the stairs. "Ollivander and Griphook are here as well. Ollivander is in your room, I'm sorry."

"No! Don't apologize. I'm glad he's alive. Embry, could you please go pack Lia's things? Yours as well," Lorelei asked, Embry nodding. He left after placing a kiss on Ophelia's cheek in passing. Harry had yet to put down the baby. "Who's the tombstone for?" Lorelei dared to ask.

"Dobby," Hermione said with a frown. "He rescued us from the Malfoys."

Lorelei nodded as the room grew silent. Lorelei wanted to ask so many questions, but she knew Harry wanted to keep everything a secret. With a bite of her lip, she looked to her baby that was enjoying the game of 'let's steal Harry's glasses.

Luna stood up suddenly. "Come on, Dean. I think they want to talk about something important." Dean stood up to follow the witch to the other room as Bill and Fleur followed.

Lorelei looked to Ron immediately. "Did you tell him what I told you?"

Ron blushed and shook his head. "I thought it was a joke, to be fair."

"What?" Harry asked, passing Ophelia to Hermione when he noticed the brightest witch looking at the baby longingly. Lorelei noticed a bandage on her arm, blood seeping through it. Before Lorelei could ask, Harry repeated his question.

Lorelei smiled slightly. "Ron said some of the Horcruxes had to do with the founders of Hogwarts--that Dumbledore showed you memories of a cup and the locket? I told him about a rather odd goblet in my father's vault when I went to it during what?--my fourth year? When I had gone the day Brizo died, I changed everything to my name. Actually... Griphook was there. He was eyeing the cup with an intense look in his eyes. I reckoned you might need to go into Gringotts."

Harry thought about it. It could make sense, right? But then he shook his head. "No, Bellatrix was worried we'd been in her vault."

Suddenly, another voice popped in the room. They all turned to see Griphook limping on the top of the staircase. As if he had come all the way from his room just to tell them this, he spoke, "Bellatrix forced me to go into your vault, Miss Black. You are not mistaken to say the goblet was, in fact, in your father's vault. It is, however, not anymore. It resides in Bellatrix's vault at this very moment." Everyone watched the goblin give Harry a look that said 'we need to talk' before heading back up the stairs.

Harry let out an irritated sigh as Ron said, "So, we really have to do it? Break into Gringotts? Bloody hell..."

Lorelei stood when Embry came down the stairs with two duffle bags. He smiled tightly. "One's for Lia, the other has our things. I grabbed your most comfortable clothes. I figured this place was safe if we had to return for something."

Lorelei smiled brightly at him. "Thank you, Embry."

Harry smiled slightly at Ophelia when she reached out for him again. Standing up, he took her from Hermione.

"She's truly beautiful--something the world needs these days. I'm sorry you all have to go into hiding now," Harry said causing Lorelei to laugh.

"Love, us three have been in hiding since Lia was born," she said. Harry raised a curious eyebrow; he had not known this. "The Ministry wants all half-breeds dead or imprisoned. Do you believe Umbridge would let me live? Or Embry for that matter? No... I've been taking extra care to keep Lia and Embry safe. We've been here."

Harry hated how much life seemed to be draining from his best friend. Lorelei had always been a sister to him, and she seemed so drained. He hated this war, but as he held Ophelia in his arms, he knew there was a reason for it all. Ophelia would be allowed to walk free and without worry in a world rid of Voldemort. He would promise Lorelei that.

Soon, they were just waiting for George or Fred to appear to take them to Aunt Muriels. Lorelei laughed when Harry admitted to hearing the entire broadcast of Potterwatch that day, smiling ear-to-ear when Embry had asked how good he sounded. When it became dark and Ophelia fell asleep in the arms of Hermione and Ron (both were asleep cuddled together), Lorelei grew worried of where George was. Embry had fallen asleep as well, but Harry refused to let the girl worry alone.

The pair sat outside near the water, her head on his shoulder as they saw the stars twinkling at the waves that crashed on their feet. Lorelei sighed nervously.

Harry grabbed her hand. "They'll be all right. They are probably getting the house ready for Lia."

"They seemed so urgent, and now, I feel like they are going to leave me here to wait like a sitting duck," Lorelei said as Harry snorted.

"Sitting duck?"

"Shut up, Harry," Lorelei said with a laugh, pushing him over slightly. After a moment of their laughter, they grew quiet again. "Embry's parents are dead, did you hear?"

"Yeah."

Lorelei sighed. "I told him he would stay with us--we'd be a family, you know? I just don't want anything to happen to him. He's so young... hell, we're all too young for this."

Harry squeezed Lorelei's hand as she felt a tear leave her eye. "We'll be all right, Lor. Whatever happens when the final battle begins, we'll get through it--together."

"Do you promise?" Lorelei whispered like a scared child. "I'm so scared that I'm going to lose everyone I care about."

"I promise." Harry made a promise he knew he couldn't keep, but he knew they'd try their best to win. He wanted a better life for himself, for Lorelei, for Embry, and for Ophelia who knew nothing of the terrors in the world. He longed to keep it that way. "I missed you, Lorelei."

"I missed you, Harry, more than anything."