- 9 3 - THE REAL MOODY

LORELEI DID NOT SLEEP THE NIGHT BEFORE THE TASK, SO SHE WAS UP BRIGHT AND EARLY WAITING FOR THE TWINS IN THE COMMON ROOM

LORELEI DID NOT SLEEP THE NIGHT BEFORE THE TASK, SO SHE WAS UP BRIGHT AND EARLY WAITING FOR THE TWINS IN THE COMMON ROOM. When the twins eventually made it down, they both told the girl that they received a letter from their Mum saying they were coming to support Harry as his family. Lorelei smiled brightly at that.

Ginny came down a few moments later, and Lorelei asked to braid her hair. Smiling, Ginny complied. Once they were done, they went to the Great Hall where Molly and Bill were sitting with Harry and Ron. Lorelei was hugged tightly by Molly and even tighter by Bill.

They spent the morning laughing with Harry, happily making the boy and the mermaid forget about the troubles in their mind. It was all going well until Fred coughed loudly to get Molly's attention. Hermione had just joined the table.

"Mum, guess who got a girly-friend?" Fred asked with his eyes twinkling in mischief.

Molly gasped and looked at him than George. George glared at his brother before giving his mother a gentle smile. The two had not really told anyone they were together. Sure, if someone had caught them kissing or something and asked, they would just nod and move on. They didn't feel the need to broadcast it. Sending a glowering look toward Fred, Lorelei heard Molly ask who.

"Good ole Georgie here, and guess the girl," Fred urged his mother who looked like she was about to combust from excitement. Bill winked at Lorelei when he met her eyes; he definitely knew.

Ron picked up on it and smirked, nudging Harry while doing so. Lorelei's face had gone a bit red, but she composed herself as she said, "Don't need to proclaim how jealous you are of us, Freddie." Molly almost squealed aloud as she sat there moving her eyes between Lorelei and George back and forth.

George sighed and pulled Lorelei closer to him. "Oh, Mum. Don't make a big deal."

Molly let the squeals out at that confirmation and began to congratulate the pair. Lorelei kept sending glares to Fred while he and Bill were sniggering on the side. After a while of interrogation from the woman, she finally moved her attention back to Harry.

At dinner, there were more courses than normal. Lorelei smiled timidly at her friends when they asked her if she was all right; she really wasn't. She was worried about Harry's wellbeing. What if she hadn't helped enough? What if he got hurt? What if she couldn't do anything to help him?

Lorelei told George she had to go to the loo before the third task, nerves and all. She splashed water on her face to rid of them as much as she could. When she walked back out, she saw Moody standing there instead of George.

"W-Where'd George go?" Lorelei asked Professor Moody nervously. She didn't like this at all.

Moody only grunted back, "Told him we needed you for something. He went to the field to save you a seat. Now, come on." He grabbed her arm roughly and began to walk. Lorelei was glad she gave Brizo to Angelina before heading to the bathroom. He was dragging her toward his office, she noticed. What would she be needed here for if she was needed for the task?

"Professor, why are we going to your office?" she asked gently in hopes not to make him angry.

Moody didn't answer as he hobbled into the office. Throwing the girl into a chair, he drew out his wand and pointed it directly at her. Lorelei glanced at the bland office that held a few potions here and there and a big chest in the corner. She gulped at Moody's manic face.

"You'll stay here until the tournament is over, Black. I'll be back for you later," he growled out. She was arguing immediately, she had to go to the task. She needed to be there to support Harry, to make sure he was all right when he returned.

"I can't, Professor. I have to--"

"Crucio!"

Lorelei began to scream as immense hot pain flashed through her body. She knew something was wrong with this man as soon as he entered their school. Screams continued from her lips as she felt the curse hold on to her. She felt her eyes rolling to the back of her head. She felt her skin splitting like needles...

Then, it was gone.

Walking out of the room without a second to waste, she heard Moody mutter a bunch of spells and curses on the door. Lorelei fought for a minute to stand up. Breathless and sore, she managed to stand shakily. She couldn't go through that again, she just couldn't. Lorelei took out her wand and tried to open the door with no luck.

Lorelei began to panic while she used all the spells she knew of to unlock things, but none worked! She felt tears spring in her eyes. Why was she being held here captive? She sighed and tugged on her untamed hair. Screeching in fright when she heard the chest begin to rattle and shake, Lorelei turned her wand shakily at the chest. Screams seemed to be heard from the chest, and Lorelei could do nothing but stare at it frightened.

Feeling braver, she tapped the chest muttering an opening spell to it. Suddenly the chest began to open and open and open... until she could look down in the now giant drop to see a man sitting her holding a hand over his eye and his leg torn off. He looked dreadful. Then, she realized.

He was the real Mad-Eye Moody.

"P-Professor?"

"Never really got around to teaching you, did I? Call me Alastor or Moody. Who're you?" his broken voice was heard echoing in the air around him.

Lorelei gasped out. "Lorelei Calypso. Who's the man pretending to be you? He's the one who attacked you, wasn't he?"

"Ah... he mutters a lot about you Miss Black, yes I know who you are because of him. You are in grave danger. He plans to either kill you or return you to Voldemort," the real Moody speaks in a dejected tone. "Yes, Barty Crouch Jr. is the one who attacked me. He's the one who put Potter's name in. Potter is in grave danger as well, Miss Black."

Lorelei felt a sense of calm at his words even though she heard Harry was in danger. The real Moody didn't frighten her like the fake one, like Barty Crouch Jr. "Why is Harry in danger?"

"He plans to send him to Voldemort tonight when Potter wins the tournament. Voldemort is supposed to return tonight, Miss Black," he growled out angrily. "I'm useless down here. Can you get out to warn Dumbledore?"

Lorelei gave out a frustrated sigh. "He locked me in. I've tried all the spells I know."

Moody began to give her spells to try, but none seemed to work. Lorelei and Moody were trying to get free for what seemed like hours. Moody growled out suddenly when they heard voices nearing, "Lock the chest back, Miss Black. I don't want him to hurt you again."

Lorelei nodded with scared eyes as she did as he said while promising to get Dumbledore as soon as she was free. The door opened a moment later to see a bloody and disheveled Harry being dragged in with the fake Moody with him.