Chapter 233: Mashed Cornmeal

Xiong Yao deliberately picked a few young corn, counted the number of people in the family, and then began to clean the young corn.

"Guoguo, do you want to eat roasted or boiled?" Xiong Yao asked.

Bai Yue is thinking about the method with the old corn, and she said nonchalantly: "Whatever."

The wolf watch, knew what his wife wanted to mess with, and smiled and asked, "What do you want to do? I'll help you."

Bai Yue smiled and said: "I want to grind corn into flour. We have a lot of food made of flour. Let's try it."

"Okay." Lang Zhi replied, "I will find a machine suitable for grinding powder first."

"Wait a minute." Bai Yue clapped her hands and stand up. "You also need a pot, a round one, which is almost an enlarged version of the soup bowl and a lid."

Bai Yue gestured and said some basic kitchenware, spatula, pot cover, steamer, wok and so on.

Langzhi drew them one by one, and then found someone to rush to make it.

Xiong Yao is also aroused and speeded up his work: "I'm very curious about your food, and we will make it together."

"Okay." Bai Yue said with a smile.

In order to get out more quickly, Xiong Yao directly put the corn with the leaves into the oven and roasted, and then began to peel the old corn kernels.

The wolf cubs become human, sitting on the ground solemnly. Bai Gu Teng also sit beside Bai Yue to help.

After they peeled enough corn kernels, Lang Zhi also brought back the kitchen utensils Bai Yue wanted.

The knocked-out kitchen utensils are not very beautiful, heavy and thick, but they are still decent, and they are lighter than those knocked out of stone.

Wash the peeled corn kernels, put them in and polish them, and quickly get a pot of yellow-orange cornmeal.

The cornmeal is half-dry and half-wet, and there are some lumps.

Bai Yue stirred with chopsticks, looked at the kitchen, and said, "Is there any sugar at home? Make some corn buns."

Langzhi immediately lowered his head and checked his pocket: "I asked someone to buy it."

Xiong Yao opened a food storage cabinet and took out a few purple sugarcanes: "Is this all right?"

Bai Yue thought for a while, and said uncertainly: "It should be... OK."

Xiong Yao shaved off the sugarcane peel quickly, took out a large bowl, and squeezed the sugarcane juice out with a big hand.

Bai Yue separates a part of the cornmeal, pours in sugar cane juice, and forms a dough.

"Well... this should be fine." Bai Yue guessed. She knew limited cooking knowledge, and she didn't even think that steamed buns needed yeast powder to ferment.

She directly asked Xiong Yao to cut the dough into pieces, and then laid out the steamer, placing the corn dough neatly on the steamer.

Xiong Yao carried the steamer and went to the yard to cook it.

"There is half cornmeal, what do you want to do?" Langzhi asked curiously.

Bai Yue remembered something, so she swallowed, "making pancakes, I love pancakes the most."

Thinking of scallion pancakes, oil pancakes, egg pancakes and other fragrant pancakes, Bai Yue's whole body cells are excited.

These foods she loves most have not been eaten for more than seven years, and God knows how much she misses them.

The wolf smiled and squeezed Bai Yue's cheek: "Hurry up and suck your saliva in, it will almost fall into the basin."

Bai Yue blushed embarrassedly, lowered her head and began to make dough.

She knows that her favorite pancakes are made of wheat flour. Cornmeal is not as viscous as wheat flour and may not be so delicious, but she can't wait.

The flour is mixed with salt, minced ginger and garlic, and two eggs, kneaded into a smooth yellow dough.

There is no vegetable oil for the time being. Bai Yue asked Baiguteng to catch a fatty animal nearby. After successfully refining animal oil, she started pancakes.