Chapter 367: The Birth Of Rice

There are more rice grains in the bowl, and you don’t need to pay too much attention to smell the fragrance of rice.

Bai Yue helped her mother wash rice when she was a child, and after seeing her cooking, she probably still remembers the cooking method and the main points of the rice.

Seeing that the rice is enough for the whole family to eat, Bai Yue rushed into the kitchen with a bowl in her hand, washing rice and cooking.

Without an electric rice cooker and a pot for cooking rice, Bai Yue cleverly put the washed rice into the soup pot, put in the right amount of water, and Xiong Yao burned the fire.

This soup pot has a big belly and a small caliber. The internal space is similar to that of a rice cooker.  The firewood burns vigorously, the flame envelops the entire pot belly and heats up completely, and the rice inside is evenly heated.

While the two are guarding the rice, Lang Zhi come back with two large pots of rapeseed oil.

The smell of chili in the room has disappeared, at least Bai Yue can't smell it at all, but Lang Zhi moved his nose as soon as he entered the house and asked, "What kind of dishes did you make today? It tastes very special, made with new ingredients?"

"Yeah." Bai Yue nodded, beckoning to Langzhi, "You come here, come and taste the fried pork with pepper."

Although Lang Zhi had never eaten chili, he checked the information and found that the taste is very irritating. A hint of hesitation flashed quickly in his eyes, but he opened his mouth and hold the meat slices fed by his wife.

He believes in Guoguo's choice. The fried meat with chili will certainly not taste bad, but if he really tasted it, it still surprised him.

"It's delicious." Langzhi nodded.

Bai Yue smiled triumphantly, and then she thought to pay attention to the rapeseed oil: "The oil is squeezed, let's stir fry again."

"What do you want to eat?" Xiong Yao stand up, looked at the kitchen, thinking about what other ingredients could be used.

Bai Yue just wants to taste the taste of vegetable oil, so she can simply fry it. After thinking about it, she said, "There should be have eggs. Let's fry some eggs."

"Okay." Xiong Yao replied, and started doing it. 

Bai Yue continued to look at the soup pot in the fire.

"What's cooked in the pot? You look forward to it so much." Langzhi put the oil pot on the ground and said casually.

The little heat that overflowed from the crack in the pot exposed some information. Langzhi guessed that there is no animal soup in the pot, but it smelled very fresh, and it is probably vegetarian.

Bai Yue smiled mysteriously, tapped the belly of the soup pot with her chopsticks, and said: "I heard that there is no water in the sound, and it has been cooked for long enough. It should be done. Open the lid."

Langzhi is even more curious by Bai Yue's reaction, and immediately lifted the lid.

A white air erupted, and the strong fragrance came out, without greasy feeling, refreshing, arousing appetite.

When the white gas dissipated, the pot revealed its true colors. There is no water in the soup pot, and it is filled with white granular objects.

Lang Zhi is surprised: "What is this?"

When Bai Yue looked at the pot, she know that the rice is cooked successfully, so she swallowed her saliva and tell him, "Guess."

"Is it water wheat?" Lang Zhi said, although he could not imagine how golden millet could be made like this.

When he guessed the answer, Bai Yue pouted in frustration, and said: "This is not wheat at all, it's just the rice I often say. It can be cooked and eaten as soon as it sheds its shell."

"So it is." Langzhi nodded in understanding: "Then I will find someone to remove the chaff later."

"Yeah." Bai Yue nodded, take out the bowls and chopsticks from the cupboard, put them on the table, and said: "Zhi, you go wash your hands. I'll go upstairs and ask Qiuqiu and Lele to have dinner."