𝟏.𝟏

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

EVELYN beatrice gardener stumbled onto the magical train—hogwart's express—that always arrived on september 1st at 11 o'clock without fail.

she lugged her hefty suitcase and tried to look for an open seat. while looking around, she had spotted the one and only—

"HARRY POTTER!!", evelyn shouted as she hurriedly appeared in front of the surprised boy.

"w-who are you??", a boy with red hair asked. he obviously wasn't surprised that people knew harry, as he is the famous one that lived from he-who-shall-not-be-named.

"oh, my apologies! I'm evelyn beatrice gardener. but you can just call me evelyn. and you?"

"ron weas—", before ron could even finish saying his last name, a panting boy came running over.

"h-h-have you guys seen my toad, trevor?! I-I had lost him!!", the boy frantically sobbed out, looking around the three other first year students.

"I'm sorry but we didn't", harry said, looking over at ron and evelyn.

the boy quickly left as he went off to go find his toad. not a moment later, a girl with bushy brown hair came by.

"have you seen a toad? a boy named neville lost his", she stated, looking around.

"are you about to do magic??", the girl asked, taking a seat beside evelyn, who was tired of standing.

ron started speaking about daisies and such rubbish, making evelyn extremely confused. she had thought that spells were supposed to be more....fancily worded.

obviously the spell didn't turn the rat yellow, making ron's mood slightly deflate.

"well then. watch and learn", the girl said as she pointed her wand at harry, making him slightly shook.

"oculus reparo!"

within moments, harry took off his glasses, amazed that it had fixed it, or much rather, improved it.

"amazing", he breathed out.

"I'm hermione granger. you're harry potter and you two are?"

"ron weasley", the red-haired boy said with his mouth full of sweets.

"evelyn beatrice gardener. pleasure to meet you!!", evelyn smiled, shaking hermione's hand.