𝟕.𝟗

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

"LEAVE!!", the ravenclaw ghost shouted, making evelyn flinch.

"please grey lady, I need to know where the diadem is so that I can destroy it!", evelyn pleaded.

"LIAR!", grey lady accused, nearly about to leave until evelyn's next words stopped her.

"trust me helena—"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!"

"I'm sorry, grey lady. you must understand that the dark lord's coming back stronger than ever and he made the diadem one of his—"

"I KNOW WHAT HE'S DONE! HE DEFILED IT, WITH DARK MAGIC!!"

"then you must understand that in order to bring him down I need to destroy it!", evelyn reasoned.

helena ravenclaw heavily breathed in before sighing it out.

"I stole the diadem. I sought to make myself cleverer, more important than my mother. I ran away with it. my mother, they say, never admitted that the diadem was gone, but pretended that she still had it. she concealed her loss, my dreadful betrayal, even from the other founders of hogwarts. then my mother fell ill—fatally ill. in spite of my perfidy, she was desperate to see me one last time. she sent a man who had long loved me, though I spurned his advances, to find me. she knew that he would not rest until he had done so", the grey lady shared.

evelyn knew that the man was the bloody baron, as she had already heard of the first half of the story.

"you've already told someone this story, haven't you? another student?"

"I had...no idea.....he was...flattering. he seemed to...understand....to sympathize", grey lady admitted.

"he tends to do that a lot...to get what he wants", evelyn mumbled. "but I'm not the same. I'm not like him. I promise you that once I find it I'll destroy it. so please give me the chance to prove it to you".

the grey lady hesitated. she looked into the fiery amber eyes of the young girl. in some ways, evelyn reminded her of her younger self.

the determination to prove your worth to someone burned in her eyes.

"it's in here...in the castle..in the place where everything is hidden. if you have to ask, you'll never know. if you know, you need only ask", grey lady said as she quickly disappeared.