𝟒.𝟐

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

SLEEP was apparently not on evelyn's side, as she was abruptly woken up in the middle of the night by hermione and mrs. weasley.

"w-what's wrong??", evelyn yawned, covering her mouth as she slowly slid out of bed in her dark blue pajamas with the word "clueless" splattered on the left pocket of the shirt.

"no time to explain hon!! we've got to run now!!", mrs. weasley urged, practically shoving evelyn and hermione out the tent.

evelyn's eyes were now wide awake as she saw the commotion that was happening outside the once peaceful area.

there were fires burning and a crowd of masked, hooded wizards marching through camp. the roberts family—who were muggles that checked the weasleys in for camp—were floating above them like puppets.

it was quite the horrendous sight.

"come on!!", hermione shouted as ron and harry were already running ahead.

evelyn started chasing after the three, but couldn't exactly catch up, as the girl was in her slippers and she didn't have time to switch shoes.

panting, the girl ran towards the general direction of where harry and the rest went. though she had only reached the mere edge the forest, she was already tired and huffing.

the rest had seemed to have left without her, leaving only poor evelyn alone in the woods. she could still hear the chanting of the men wearing the masks that were creating havoc.

evelyn felt herself lose consciousness as her head was spinning. nothing made sense as a perfectly good vacation was suddenly ruined by a riot.

"evelyn?! what are you doing here?!", malfoy suddenly asked, making the girl look up at the blonde boy.

"oh dray!! it's terrible!! the people! they're...they're being...". evelyn couldn't even form a full sentence as she was so distraught.

malfoy kneeled down, helping the girl up. evelyn clutched onto malfoy's black shirt, sobbing.

the helpless girl was lost, in fear, and didn't even know where her friends were. her once brilliant yellow eyes held only terror.

"shhh...evelyn, it's going to be alright. it was meant to happen", malfoy soothed, making the girl's head perk up.

"i-it was meant to h-happen?! what do mean dray?? how could you say that?!", evelyn sobbed.