𝟐.𝟑

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

"HAPPY HALLOWEEN HANNAH!!", evelyn cheered as she opened her arms wide and pulled hannah into a tight hug.

"happy halloween evelyn! where's harry, ron, and hermione?", hannah asked.

usually evelyn stuck by those three like glue, so it was new not seeing the four of them together.

"oh, they're hanging out with nearly headless nick", evelyn simply replied. "something about his death date and that he wanted the famous harry potter to attend his party".

nearly headless nick—formally known as sir nicolas de mimsy-porpington—is the gryffindor ghost that floats around school, complaining about how close his head was to being fully chopped off.

"I see...well pudding??", hannah offered.

"what flavor??", evelyn asked, looking at the small glass cup of yellow pudding that was being held by hannah.

"mango actually. most would've thought that it was banana", hannah answered.

"oohhh!! I do like mango", evelyn smiled as she took a glass.

the hall this year was decorated exactly the same as last year's halloween. however, it never ceased to amaze how much effort and sparkles were put into it, as the hall always shined with a warm glow.

evelyn walked around, suddenly finding a familiar face.

"madam pomfrey let you go already?", evelyn asked, making the boy with slicked back blonde hair turn towards her.

everyone knew that madam pomfrey took her job seriously, perhaps a bit too serious. she looked after her patients very well and usually refused to let others visit, as she claimed that her patients needed their rest.

some call it possessiveness, but others knew that she was doing this out of the goodness of her heart.

"obviously! I won't easily die from some stupid beaker!", malfoy scoffed, making evelyn smile.

"well I'm glad you're feeling better", evelyn softly said, making malfoy look away.

"I see you're still dressing up like a child", malfoy mocked, silently judging evelyn's fairy wings.