𝟐.𝟔

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

MALFOY had decided to stay at hogwarts for christmas this year. for what reason, no one knew except him. but it was perfect, as hermione's plan was able to be put into action.

"hannah, hannah!! I need help!!", evelyn shouted. a few hufflepuffs looked up, but most were already used to it, as the peppy girl did this quite often.

hannah sighed. she put down her spoon of cereal as she looked up tiredly at the happy girl. christmas break was coming up, and she couldn't wait to get out of here.

"what do you need evelyn?", hannah robotically asked.

"sooooo, I was thinking....what should I get people for christmas this year??", evelyn asked, plopping onto the seat beside hannah and grabbing herself the whole box of lucky charms and pouring milk into it.

hannah cringed as she thought about evelyn's question. she knew the girl was not rich, or comfortable, and honestly had no money.

one time, hannah found out evelyn's socks had holes in the bottom, yet she refused to throw them out. saying how they're still "wearable". then another time, when evelyn lost her planner, the girl started writing on her arm to keep track of all the assignments she needed to do.

"hannah?? hannah??", evelyn called out.

"o-oh sorry! I was just thinking of some ideas. but maybe you can bake them a cake or cupcake? you know, since you have such a great relationship with the kitchen elves", hannah said.

"ohhhhh true true!! you're so smart hannah!! Imma go do that!", evelyn smiled, standing up with her box of cereal.

"wait! evelyn, where are you going?! we still have class—ugh never mind". hannah sighed again as she continued eating her cereal.

'what's the worst that could happen right?', hannah thought and chuckled to herself.

—✼—

"DID YOU SERIOUSLY FORGET ABOUT CLASS AND JUST GO STRAIGHT TO THE KITCHEN?!", hannah yelled.

evelyn flinched as she fumbled with her skirt. she looked down at her feet that were pointed slightly inward.

"I...I'm sorry...", evelyn meekly responded.

hannah just rubbed her temples as she hauled her suitcase to the entrance of hogwarts.