𝟐.𝟏𝟎

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

HERMIONE and penelope (a ravenclaw girl that's dating percy weasley) were the next to go.

that morning ginny was on the verge of confiding in harry and ron, however, was interrupted, as percy had intruded in their conversation.

poor percy was struggling to keep himself together as he wondered what had happened and who was the culprit.

hermione had hinted that she had an idea of what lied in the chamber of secrets as soon as harry had said that he heard voices in his head, not the mental kind though.

thus, hermione had set off to the library leaving harry and ron confused. but as soon as she left, the news had spread that her and a ravenclaw girl was petrified in the library.

"what are you two doing sneaking out past curfew?!", professor mcgonagall interrogated, making ron and harry jump out of their skin.

the two had snuck out to try and see hermione and evelyn. harry strongly felt that there might be some clues that the two have figured out, causing the reason for their petrification.

"I-w-we...u-umm...we were trying to visit hermione and evelyn ma'am", harry honestly replied.

harry had thought that professor mcgonagall's expression softened a bit. even though the woman was always strict, she had a heart too.

and just like professor sprout, one of her most studious gryffindor students—hermione—has fallen victim to the slytherin heir.

"I understand", professor mcgonagall muttered, shocking ron and harry. both had assumed that the woman would've taken house points away, but she did not.

"just this once mr. potter and mr. weasley. don't expect me to be so lenient next time", mcgonagall whispered as she left.

harry swore he saw mcgonagall almost shed a tear, but he was too occupied with the task at hand to care.

once ron and harry reached the hospital wing, they viewed the facial expressions on hermione and evelyn's face.

"ron, check to see if evelyn's left any clues", harry whispered as he started searching the area around hermione.

to his luck, hermione's fist was clenched. harry had a bit difficulty threading the paper through hermione's palm, but ended with success as he read what was written on it.