𝟏.𝟑

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

"GOOD afternoon class!"

"good afternoon madam hooch!" the students were split into two lines, facing each other on an open field.

the woman with short blonde hair walked past everyone, turning around and urging them to step on the left side of their broom that was on the ground next to them.

"stick your hand out and say up", professor hooch instructed.

"up!", everyone said in sync.

most people couldn't get their brooms to fly into their hand, except a few like harry and malfoy. even hermione struggled, as her broom kept rolling on the floor.

after a few tries, evelyn managed to yeet the broom into her hand. smiling, she waited for professor hooch to give the next instructions.

however, evelyn had a bit trouble focusing, as neville longbottom—a fellow gryffindor—had zoomed up into the air.

"mr. longbottom! MR. LONGBOTTOM!!", professor hooch called out to the boy that was spinning out of control.

neville shriveled up on the grassy ground as he fell, clutching his arm close to him.

"everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take mr. longbottom to the hospital wing, understand?", professor hooch asked as she helped neville walk.

"yes ma'am!"

malfoy picked up a small crystal ball that was dropped from neville's sleeve. he smirked as he gained an idea.

"did you see his face, the great lump?", he sneered.

"give it back malfoy!", harry interjected.

"no. I think I'll leave it somewhere for longbottom to find—how about—up a tree?"

"give it here!"

however, malfoy had already mounted his broom and taken off. harry hurried after, making the whole class watch with excitement—some with anxiety.

"harry! come down! you're going to get us all in trouble!!", hermione called out.

"I hope he doesn't fall", evelyn worried, as she watched harry zoom by malfoy.