𝟐.𝟏𝟏

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

EVELYN was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

although it was not as bad as collin creevey and justin-finch-fletchley, who had both nearly missed the entire second semester, evelyn had missed a month of school.

being petrified was apparently not a valid excuse to not take the final exams, as evelyn had to catch up on a month's worth of work.

"hannah!! w-where's olivia?!", evelyn asked, seeing that the cage door was open and the bird was not in it's respective place.

"evelyn, you need to relax. I'm sure she'll turn—"

"WHAT IF IT LEFT BECAUSE I GOT PETRIFIED AND IT THOUGHT I WAS DEAD?!", evelyn panicked, making hannah roll her eyes.

"EVELYN, SHE'S NOT GOING TO LEAV—look! there she is!", hannah said, pointing at the window.

indeed, evelyn's eurasian eagel-owl has flown in—carrying a heavy package—as it had to keep flapping its wings extremely fast so that it didn't fall.

"olivia!!", the girl happily exclaimed, hugging her owl and trying her best not to squash the bird.

olivia dropped the brown package onto evelyn's lap. she nipped at evelyn's ear, as she had missed her owner a whole bunch.

"let's see what you brought me", evelyn smiled as she ripped off the brown packaging. under the wrapping was a rectangular black box.

"what is it?", hannah asked, eager to know who had sent the girl a present, as she knew evelyn didn't have family members to send her anything.

"notes", evelyn excitedly said.

"notes?? you're excited that you got notes??", hannah asked, not understanding what all the hype was about.

"it's notes for all the subjects I've missed! and they labeled each day that I was gone so that I know which day they learned what!!", evelyn laughed, shocked.

"oh olivia!! I don't know who you mugged to get those notes, but thank you so much!!", evelyn cheered, petting the owl's head.

olivia cocked its head to the side.

"evelyn, I don't think the owl would've mugged someone to get you those notes. you're thinking too highly of an owl", hannah said logically.