𝟐.𝟒

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

THE slytherins and gryffindors faced off each other on the quidditch field.

it was the first game of november, and everyone was excited to see them play. especially oliver wood, captain of the gryffindor team.

"alright team! we got this! harry, you just gotta find the snitch and catch it. so what if they have better brooms? we have better players", wood said, trying to hype up his team.

the weasley twins laughed as the gryffindors all nodded and entered the field with a whole new barrier of confidence.

evelyn watched as the 14 players mounted their brooms and flew into the air. harry, as usual, was almost overlooking the entire gameplay, waiting and carefully watching out for the snitch.

malfoy followed harry, as he knew the boy was talented in spotting the little gold ball with tiny fluttering wings.

harry flew around the stadium, suddenly spotting the gold snitch. he knew that if he sped towards it, malfoy would notice and follow right after.

the snitch was a clever little thing. it cluttered around, until it was hovering inches above malfoy's ear. although malfoy was too occupied by harry's next movement to notice.

harry seemed to have stayed in the same spot for too long, as a bludger came flying his way, almost knocking the boy off his broom.

evelyn watched in nervousness as she saw the bludger steer towards harry. it was almost like it was pursuing after him.

after a while of avoiding the bludger, harry has seemed to gotten distracted for a split moment, which was enough time for the ball to smash into harry's elbow.

feeling a surge of pain run through his arm, he felt even more determination to catch the snitch and finally finish the game.

evelyn quickly got up, running towards the bottom of the stands. she was going to go ask professor snape and see if there was a potion for temporary pain-killing, but the game quickly ended as harry had somehow managed to contain the snitch with his good arm.

as harry descended from his broom, the boy collapsed onto the ground from the amount of pain that his nerves were sending to his brain.

"move aside, as I have got this handled!", professor lockhart announced as he pushed through all the students.

a first-year gryffindor—collin creevey—started snapping pictures as harry was groaning in agony. the boy was nearly as obsessed as malfoy. everywhere harry went, he was there, either blabbering questions or taking snapshots.