𝟕.𝟒

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

CHRISTMAS has never been more forsaken.

evelyn breathed out a warm puff of air as she rubbed her stiff fingers together to create some heat.

thankfully she had packed a coat and a beanie but had totally forgotten about mittens. the girl would've appreciated being in the malfoy manor—despite the death eaters that were still residing there—and cuddling up with malfoy in the blankets.

but no. evelyn was out in the cold winter night, scavenging for where harry, hermione, and ron could've possibly went.

through evelyn's convincing, ron had finally came back with the help of his deluminator. he apologized and made up with harry and hermione by destroying the slytherin locket horcrux with the gryffindor sword harry had found in the pond.

apparently a bright patronus deer had appeared and guided harry to a nearby pond one night.

curious, harry followed the deer and tried searching in the pond for anything, but was almost drowned by the slytherin locket.

ron had came just in time and saved the drowning boy, finding godric's sword in the meantime.

once the locket was destroyed, the three had regained confidence again in finding all the rest of the horcruxes.

thus why they were walking down godric's hallow.

she had lost them whilst they had walked down the street. if evelyn had recalled correctly, this was where harry's parents had lived before they were killed.

in fact, their graves should've been close by.

taking a lucky guess, the girl quietly trailed the two, who seemed to have left as their footsteps indicated that a fourth person had joined them.

evelyn had a gut feeling that this was not good.

she quickly chugged some invisibility potion as she followed the four pair of footsteps that were imprinted in the snow.

it had led her to a decently sized two-story house. as soon as she was about to reach for the doorknob, there were sounds of screaming and things knocking over.

evelyn hastily rushed in, taking out her wand.

nagini, who had apparently disguised as an old woman named bathilda bagshot, was lying on the floor, with a big hole in the floorboards of the second story.