𝟔.𝟗

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

"HAGRID, please help me. I need you to keep him safe here. part of his memory is erased, so he won't know why he's here, but promise me that you won't let him leave until then. please hagrid", evelyn begged.

hagrid felt obligated to reject the girl's request, yet he couldn't find himself doing so.

"evelyn, I hope yeh know wha' you're doin'. yeh could go ter azkaban fer this!"

"I know. but it's worth it. so please keep him here", evelyn pleaded, to which hagrid could only sigh and nod.

"thank you hagrid. I'm going to head off now", evelyn said as she took out the polyjuice potion that she had pre-brewed and dropped a single silvery-white hair into the flask.

hagrid waved as he waited for evelyn's signal once she comes back.

—✼—

dumbledore and harry traveled on foot from hogwarts to hogsmeade.

arriving at the seaside cave, both wizards lit up their wand so that there was some brightness against the dark mystic tunnel.

dumbledore took out a knife and sliced his hand, letting the blood run against the wall.

"professor—"

"I had to. to open the cave, it must sense pain from the intruder", dumbledore explained as he entered, with harry hurrying behind.

they reached the edge of a river as there was a small platform in the middle of the waters. there stood in all its glory, a statue that harry nor dumbledore could quite see as it was a bit far.

with a flick of his wand, a chain had magically appeared. dumbledore handed it to harry, encouraging him to pull it.

and indeed, a boat had arose from the murky waters. sailing onto the small platform, there was a nasty black liquid in the middle of the statue.

dumbledore immediately knew what had to be done.

"harry, you must feed me the draught of despair. even if I want to stop, you MUST continue. do you understand?"

"but professor! why can't I do it instead?", harry protested.

"I'm of less value. now come on".