𝟓.𝟖

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

"WHEN you said you were bringing someone, I had thought you meant hannah or perhaps neville. not him", hermione sneered, glaring at malfoy.

"be grateful that evelyn even came to hangout with you losers. we were supposed to spend valentine's day alone, but she insisted on coming for potter", malfoy scoffed.

harry, hermione, and ron sat on one side of the table while malfoy, evelyn, and luna sat across from them. all six were quiet until the worker had taken their order.

"harry, are you alright?", evelyn asked, making the boy sigh.

he then looked over at the table that was a few feet away from them. there sat cedric and cho, holding hands while happily drinking their butterbeer.

harry took a sip of his own butterbeer. it didn't taste as sweet as he remembered.

"potter, you really ought to be pathetic", malfoy stated, making the rest of the table scowl at him.

"dray—"

"I mean seriously. why're you brooding over a girl that clearly doesn't feel the same way about you when there's clearly another beckoning at your call?"

harry scoffed. "easy for you to say. you have a perfectly great girlfriend right next to you!"

"oh potter. even with glasses you're still so blind! there's that weasley gi—"

evelyn hastily covered malfoy's mouth before he could utter out another word. she smiled as she gently kicked malfoy's leg under the table.

harry sighed once again as he drank more of his butterbeer.

"don't fret harry. I'm sure you'll find someone soon. but after me of course", ron somewhat comforted, patting harry's back.

hermione mumbled to herself, making ron ask her if she was crazy, talking to herself like that.

"well it's the only way I can have an intelligent conversation with you two around", hermione snapped, making ron wonder what he had done wrong again.

"anyways luna, how've you been? anyone you're seeing?", evelyn asked.

the lissome girl smiled. "no. I like being by myself", luna answered.