𝟏.𝟏𝟏

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

EASTER break was soon over, meaning that final exams were coming up.

evelyn and malfoy did not speak to each other about their experience in the forest, and neither did harry or hermione.

ron had ended up schooling hermione in chess over easter break, making her shocked, as the girl almost excelled at everything.

"hermione, must you study so early?", ron questioned, fiddling with his quill.

"of course! there's merely a month left until exams, and I'm aiming to score perfectly on all of them", hermione replied as she stuck her nose back into her book.

ron just rolled his eyes as harry chuckled.

professor snape walked into his classroom, slamming his textbook down on his desk.

"as we all know, final exams are coming up", snape started. "and to ensure that we all pass with flying colors, I've assigned an extra partner assignment to you all. instructions are already on the board. if you have any questions, don't ask me".

partners were also assigned on the board. and to no surprise, evelyn was with malfoy again. for some reason, snape loved pairing them up together. for what reason, evelyn would never know.

"which potion do you want to research?", evelyn asked malfoy, who currently took the spot of pansy parkinson.

"I don't really care. just do whatever", he replied, acting as if they weren't close.

"mm, perhaps the forgetfulness potion? I heard professor snape tested his first-years with it in 1992 for the final exam", evelyn explained.

"and you think he'd be stupid enough to repeat that exam?", malfoy scoffed.

"obviously not. I just think the forgetfulness potion would be a good topic for our assignment", evelyn smiled, flipping her textbook to page 52.

malfoy leaned his chin on his right palm, which was propping his entire head up. he wondered how someone could be so thrilled to learn about the meaningless potions, charms, spells, and etc.

even though the girl wasn't trying out for the quidditch team, she did a fairly well job of impressing madam hooch with her flying skills.