𝟏.𝟏𝟐

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

EVELYN started coughing like there was no tomorrow as exams were the next day. she had heard harry, ron, and hermione's adventure of when they tried to find the sorcerer's stone.

harry resided in the hospital wing for a while as he had passed out fighting voldemort, who was possessing professor quirrell.

apparently they had suspected snape the entire time, but was wrong, as snape was trying to save harry that one time at the quidditch game.

harry, ron, and hermione apologized to evelyn, as they should've listened to her when she said that snape was trying to help harry.

the trio went through fluffy (hagrid's three-headed hound), a deadly plant (devil's snare), a room filled with aggressive flying keys, a giant chess game that knocked ron out, and snape's potion riddle.

"a-are you okay evelyn??", hermione asked, patting the girl's back.

"you three did all that and didn't even think to bring me along?! what would've happened if ron passed out and hermione was...I don't know...hit by one of those flying keys?!"

"w-well you were studying so hard, and we didn't want you to lose that bet with malfoy...so...".

ron looked down, as did harry and hermione.

evelyn suddenly hugged the three.

"well I'm glad you guys are alright. at least you guys lived", she mumbled.

"don't know if I'll live through the exams though", ron muttered, making the three laugh.

—✼—

exams were posted and handed back, leaving evelyn extremely nervous.

instead of looking at her results, evelyn met malfoy at the library, where they said that they would sit and read out their test results to each other.

"transfiguration", malfoy said as evelyn sat beside the boy.

"exceeds expectations", replied evelyn.

"outstanding", malfoy grinned.

"charms", evelyn said next.