𝟒.𝟔

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

RITA skeeter was a preppy blonde woman that asked too many questions and didn't give enough time for answers.

the woman although interviewed all 5 contestants, she only published harry's tragic backstory, in which she dramatically overemphasized what harry had actually said.

news had spread that harry cried himself to sleep every night, thinking about the tragic death of his parents.

"psst! harry...evelyn! is that you two??", hermione whispered, listening in on the other side of the champions waiting tent.

harry and evelyn pulled hermione in, as the three gave each other a tight hug.

"stay safe now. and remember, do what we practiced", hermione said to harry.

"oh?? and what is this? a love triangle is what I sense!!", skeeter exclaimed as her feathery green quill started to furiously write on the notepad.

pictures were taken as the three fourth-years either scowled or looked utterly confused.

"excuse me, but this tent is only for the competitors and their friends and family", krum sharply said, making hermione slightly smile.

rita skeeter awkwardly left as did hermione when dumbledore, and a few other professors walked in.

"okay, now. each of you will pick a model dragon from the bag. there will be a number tag on it, which is the order in which you all will go. now, take your leap of faith", barty crouch said as he stuck out a black bag for everyone to have a chance at.

once everyone picked out their tiny dragon model, the contestants were wished the best of luck as cedric headed out first.

"be careful cedric!! make sure you come back in one piece", evelyn worried as the boy just gave her a smile and left.

cheers were heard as cedric entered the field. he was up against a swedish short-snout. using a transfiguration spell, he turned a rock into a dog and distracted the dragon.

though it had worked, halfway through, the dragon's attention shifted back to cedric, and burned his face. in the end, cedric still passed, as he had gotten the golden egg.

the second person to go was fleur delacour. facing a common welsh green, the girl gracefully enchanted the dragon to sleep. although the dragon's nostrils had accidentally set fleur's skirt on fire, she had still managed to retrieve the egg.