𝟑.𝟕

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

"GET THAT CAT OUT OF HERE!!", ron complained, pointing at hermione's pet.

"for the last time, his name is crookshanks!!", hermione said, rolling her eyes.

ron possessively covered his pocket that contained his faithful rat, scabbers. he glared at the cat and hermione as he stomped off, not dealing with any of this.

scabbers has been sickly and more thin than usual, making ron extremely worried and blaming it all on hermione's new cat.

"evelyn!! have you been feeling better??", hermione said as she grabbed the girl's hands.

"yes. thank you for worrying! it's all thanks to draco taking me to madam pomfrey", evelyn smiled.

"malfoy?", harry questioned.

"mhm! I was going to tell you at the beginning of the year hermione, but my matching friendship bracelet is the same as—"

"MALFOY?!", ron yelled.

"y-yeah....is something wrong?", evelyn worried.

"evelyn!! have you not heard half the nasty names he's called us? bloody hell, he's probably called you some of those names too! and he's the reason buckbeak is going through a trial right now. not to mention, the amount of times he's teased harry and bullied others into doing things in his favor. he's a cocky, stuck up, little piece of—"

"hermione!", evelyn said, stopping the girl from rambling on.

"I-I know...but maybe I can help change his attitude—"

"no amount of goodness will change that snarky attitude of his", hermione rebutted.

evelyn looked down as her twirling thumbs. she had hoped that perhaps hermione, ron, and harry would give malfoy a chance. and vice versa.

"anyways, evelyn. just stay away from him okay? he's not good for you", hermione softly said, patting the girl's head.

"I...I'm sorry hermione. but I can't!", evelyn said as she pouted, running off before the three could even say anything more.

hermione sighed as she looked over at harry and ron, who was standing a few feet away from her and her cat.

"it's okay hermione. she'll soon learn that malfoy's no good", harry said as he turned around and left.