𝟒.𝟏𝟎

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

WHILE evelyn had borrowed harry's invisibility cloak to sneak into snape's cabinet, harry, ron, and hermione were at hogsmeade.

"where is he?", hermione asked, looking around.

"shh! don't be so loud hermione. we don't want people to be suspicious of us", ron said.

hermione simply rolled her eyes.

although hermione and ron weren't exactly on good good terms, they were getting there. at least they were talking.

a black dog suddenly trotted towards the three, making them confused.

"harry, it's me", the dog said, almost making ron squeal.

"sirius??", hermione asked, to which the dog just nodded.

the three children squatted down as they listened to sirius's warning whilst he was still in his animagus dog form.

"so you're saying that mr. crouch's son was a death eater?", harry whispered.

sirius nodded. "I find it peculiar that that man hasn't been showing up to work lately. and how he had just sent his son to azkaban without hesitation. seems a bit cruel don't you think?"

hermione hummed.

"perhaps we ought to go ask winky. she may know something", hermione suggested.

the three then parted with sirius as they headed back towards hogwarts and into the kitchen, where the elves worked.

though dobby was grateful that dumbledore had hired him and winky, winky was flat out drunk, saying how much she missed her ex-master and how she wanted to go back.

"w-winky's...guarding a secret f-for winky's ex-master", winky hiccuped.

though the three had tried to get out what the secret was, winky was a stubborn and loyal elf even when drunk.

the three sighed as they headed towards the library, where evelyn had told the three to meet her at.

"where is she?", ron asked, bored.

"she's probably 10 minutes late like always", hermione chuckled, opening her book up to read while she waited.

and just like predicted, the girl was indeed 10 minutes late.