𝟕.𝟏

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

CHARITY burbage's body dangled above the long rectangular table.

all death eaters along with evelyn sat in absolute silence in the malfoy manor whilst snape had finally arrived.

"severus. I was beginning to worry you had lost your way", voldemort started. "come. we've saved you a seat".

snape immediately sat down and before voldemort could even ask, the man had answered.

"it will happen saturday at nightfall".

"I've heard differently my lord. dolores umbridge had said that the potter boy will not be moving until the 30th of this month", another death eater spoke up.

"this is a false trail", snape accused. "the auror office no longer plays any part in the protection of harry potter. those closest to him believe we have infiltrated the ministry".

"well, they got that right don't they?", the one sitting next to evelyn laughed, making her slightly flinch.

"what you say, pius?", voldemort asked.

pius thicknesse sat at the other end of the table. under voldemort's imperious curse, he became head of the department of magical law enforcement.

"one hears many things, my lord. whether the truth is among them is not clear", pius answered, glancing at nagini—voldemort's pet snake—who just hissed in response.

voldemort snorted.

"spoken like a true politician. you will I think prove most useful pius".

pius smiled, though evelyn had assumed that it was probably forced.

"where will the boy be taken?"

"a safe house. most likely the home of someone in the order. I'm told it's been given every manner of protection possible. once there, it will be impractical to attack him", snape answered.

"my lord, I'd like to volunteer myself for this task", bellatrix suddenly offered, smiling. "I want to kill the boy".

"as inspiring as I find your bloodlust, bellatrix, I must be the one to kill harry potter".

bellatrix nodded in response as she leaned back into her chair, like a child who had been told no.

"but I face some unfortunate complication, that my wand and potter's share the same core", voldemort said, suddenly standing up from his seat.