𝟔.𝟕

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

FRED and george were the kings of pranks. so when evelyn had invited them to devise an elaborate plan on distracting all professors—including dumbledore—they easily agreed.

plus, without evelyn's prize money from the triwizard tournament, the weasley twins would've never been able to experience such success with their prankster shop.

whilst fred and george has set off their wildfire whiz-bangs, portable swamps were also placed around the halls, preventing the students and teachers from reaching certain places.

decoy detonators were also roaming around the yard of hogwarts. the professors and dumbledore had immediately gone out to see what all the commotion was about.

evelyn only had around 15 minutes or less to dig through professor dumbledore's office as they would surely take care of fred and george's mess in a moments matter.

having to have entered dumbledore's office once, the stone gargoyle had moved as evelyn mumbled a password.

quickly entering, evelyn immediately went to dumbledore's desk, careful not to mess anything up or misplace an item.

she had tried to pull open the cabinets but only one wouldn't open.

"alohomora", evelyn quietly casted as the drawer suddenly busted itself open.

searching through the many piles of books, evelyn had found one that had particularly caught her eye.

"horcruxes...".

hastily grabbing the dusty and slightly bendy book, evelyn shut the cabinet drawer and sneakily exited out dumbledore's office.

evelyn felt her heart pounding as her pace quickened once she saw the kitchen, meaning the hufflepuff common room was near.

entering the hufflepuff common room, she didn't take another moment to hide in her and hannah's shared room. though she knew hannah was busy taking care of fred and george's pranks as she was a prefect and it was her duty.

flipping open the cover, a horcrux is explained.

"a horcrux is an object formed by dark magic that is used by a dark wizard or witch to gain immortality by splitting their soul into separate pieces and hiding it in an object so that they're forever protected", evelyn mumbled out loud.