𝟒.𝟏𝟐

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

MALFOY and cho chang took a sip of the wiggenweld potion, yet both did not swallow the concoction.

malfoy pinched the side of evelyn's mouth so that her lips were slightly parted.

the boy leaned down and kissed the girl, transferring the liquid so that evelyn could receive the potion without throwing it up.

cho did the same with cedric. and only moments later, both hufflepuffs started to stir.

cedric woke up first, groaning as he sat up. harry was amazed. though he was a bit mad that evelyn hadn't told him beforehand of what her plan was, he was very glad that they were both alive.

evelyn's eyes fluttered open. her skin slowly started gaining some color back. it had felt like she had taken a long nap. and for some reason, her stomach physically hurt, especially after malfoy helped her sit up.

"harry? what?"

"he's back", harry instantly said.

evelyn's face paled, suddenly loosing all color again.

"then how did we??"

"how did you know? how did you know to make the draught of living death and where did you even get the materials?", professor mcgonagall asked.

"I-I...professor trelawney made a prophecy....saying how a boy with a heart of gold will be in trouble", evelyn meekly responded now that she knew all eyes were on her.

"a-and I'm sorry professor snape...I-I might've taken a few things from your cabinet...without permission", evelyn muttered, making snape look at evelyn with disappointment.

"ms. gardener, do you know what could've happened if you had missed one step or accidentally switched up the ingredients of the potion??", mcgonagall questioned.

"I do ma'am! but I had to take a chance!! and if it meant saving cedric, I would do it again!", evelyn answered.

cedric almost teared up from the younger hufflepuff's response. he kept in mind that he would do everything in his power to protect her, as he now owed the girl his life.

dumbledore chuckled, making evelyn nervous. she wasn't sure whether it was a pleasant laugh or a laugh that meant you are in deep trouble and you will serve detention for the rest of your years here.