𝟔.𝟐

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

EVELYN'S laugh rang through the halls as she sat beside hannah in the dining hall.

another school year had started, bringing dumbledore to the front of the room.

"welcome students! it's a great day to start another year of hogwarts. today, I introduce to you horace slughorn! your new potions instructor. meanwhile, professor snape will take over defense against the dark arts", dumbledore announced.

as the fairly chubby man with grey hair stood up, claps were heard from all four tables.

once dumbledore had finished giving his speech about voldemort—making evelyn slightly tense—all the students began the feast.

harry, ron, and hermione stared at evelyn, who tried her best to avoid their gaze. she knew they had many questions, but she also knew that she wouldn't be able to give them the answers.

shortly after the feast had ended, malfoy quickly got up and headed towards the hufflepuff table, beating the trio to evelyn.

"ready love?", malfoy whispered, leaning down to help the girl up to her feet.

"yep!", evelyn cheerfully replied.

malfoy's arm slithered around evelyn's waist, supporting majority of the girl's weight so that she didn't have to apply too much pressure to her feet.

"evelyn—"

"move out of the way you nitwits", malfoy scowled, making ron, hermione, and harry scoff at the boy.

"we're talking to evelyn, not you malfoy", harry said, glaring at him.

"evelyn, please talk to us. is malfoy abusing you? did he make you do it? why didn't you reply to any of our letters?!", hermione asked, having to finally been able to unload all her feelings.

"shut it you half-blood! as if I'd even think of hurting evelyn. now move out of the way or I'll make sure to hex you three!", malfoy threatened.

"as if you could", ron snorted.

evelyn placed her hand on malfoy's chest, calming him down.

"I'm fine guys. and I wasn't threatened. everything I do is on my own accord. I'm sorry for worrying you guys, but I'm seriously alright", evelyn replied with a small, forced smile.