𝟏.𝟏𝟎

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

HARRY, hermione, malfoy, and evelyn we're currently being punished for sneaking out at night.

even though harry's transaction with charlie and his friends was successful—harry had stupidly left his invisibility cloak up at the tower—which then caused him and hermione to be caught by professor mcgonagall.

"is this really necessary?", hermione asked, as argus filch—the school caretaker who hated kids—guided the four towards the forbidden forest.

"I do hope that you four will make it out alive", filch snickered, not concerned for the students in the slightest. "I'll come pick up what's left in the morning", he said as he handed them off to hagrid.

"took yeh guys long enough!", hagrid said as he prepared lanterns for the four.

"what are we doing hagrid??", evelyn asked as she petted hagrid's dog—fang—an oversized boarhound canine.

"ah well, we're goin' in there ter find a wounded unicorn. also ter hopefully catch who's bin killing 'em", hagrid explained.

"isn't that a servant's work?", malfoy scoffed.

hagrid just ignored malfoy's comment as he handed each of them firecrackers, so that if they needed help, the red signal would alert hagrid of their position.

"I want the dog", malfoy demanded.

"sure, but I'll let yeh know tha' fang's a coward when in face o' danger", hagrid said.

"anyways, hermione, harry, an' I will be a group. sorry evelyn, but you'll have ter go with fang an' malfoy", hagrid apologized, looking at the girl with pity.

"it's quite alright hagrid! you three be careful", evelyn smiled as she lit up her wand.

evelyn's wand was made of hornbeam wood: a type of wood that prefers owners with a single pure passion. since it adapts to its owner's style of magic, it makes it hard for others to use.

it's 10 and 3/4 inches long, with the core containing unicorn hair. the unicorn hair produces the most consistent magic, and is the most faithful of wands.

"yeh too. jus stay on the trail an' you'll be fine", hagrid advised.

evelyn waved to her friends as she, malfoy, and fang headed out first.