𝟑.𝟔

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

EVELYN was still in her pink pajamas and fuzzy bunny slippers when all hufflepuffs were woken up in the middle of the night.

everyone was gathered in the great hall—still in their nightwear—yawning and awaiting dumbledore's instructions.

"prefects will be watching over everyone. professors, come with me to search the entire school. everyone else go to sleep and don't worry", dumbledore quickly said as he prepared to leave.

"what's going on??", evelyn mumbled, rubbing her eyes as she stood next to hannah.

unlike sleepy evelyn, hannah was wide awake. she had heard from neville, who heard from ron, that sirius black had infiltrated the school.

"apparently the fat lady portrait that guards the gryffindor tower was slashed. and according to the fat portrait lady, her description was of sirius black", hannah told evelyn.

evelyn was too delirious to even understand what the girl was saying. usually evelyn slept at 9:30 p.m. she rested leisurely until it was exam season, in which she got little to no sleep.

"mhm", evelyn replied as she took her blanket and pillow and was about to drop it on the ground until a few people pushed past her, making her fall.

"oww...". evelyn squinted her eyes, looking up at the girls who had bumped into her.

"oops, sorry! didn't see you there", pansy giggled as she crossed her arms and walked off, with two girls sticking their tongues out at evelyn.

"why're you on the floor?", a voice asked, making evelyn turn her head.

malfoy stood there holding his pillow that had a green silk case and a silky black blanket. he wore a long sleeves black shirt with green checker-patterned sweatpants.

"I fell", evelyn said as she stood up and yawned again, making malfoy yawn.

"where are you sleeping?", malfoy asked.

"here", evelyn replied as she dropped her pillow and plopped onto the ground. she was too tired to function and it was way past her bedtime.

malfoy laid his pillow right next to evelyn's as he laid down and covered himself with his blanket.

evelyn's blanket was a bit short, hence why the girl curled up into a ball when sleeping.