𝟒.𝟖

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

"I'M sorry I wasn't there on christmas night mione", evelyn apologized, squeezing the girl's hands.

"it's alright. I'm okay", hermione sniffled, clearly not okay.

it was still winter break and hermione was coddled up in her blanket. the girl's hair had turned from elegance to a rat's next over the night, making herself cringe.

"mione, come on now. you've got to get out of bed and eat something. we can even do homework in the library today if you'd like", evelyn suggested.

hermione huffed and finally slid out of bed. she brushed (pulled) her hair and got dressed in some sweatpants and a sweater.

both girls walked into the dining hall, where it was more packed than usual, as they had to fit 3 schools into one eating area.

"mione, don't look now, but krum's totally looking your way", evelyn whispered.

"where?", hermione asked. she then looked around and caught krum's gaze, ignoring evelyn's warning of not to.

hermione waved as she walked over to krum, who had invited her to sit beside him. she complied as evelyn awkwardly turned to ron, who was fuming through his nostrils.

evelyn took a seat beside ron and harry as it was winter break and there wasn't a rule that said you couldn't sit at other house tables.

"are you okay ron?", evelyn asked, patting the red-haired boy's back.

ron shrugged off evelyn's hand as he started to aggressively eat his eggs and pancakes.

although harry and ron's relationship was mended after the whole fiasco of harry getting picked for the triwizard competition, ron and hermione were not exactly on speaking terms.

evelyn then turned to harry, who was just as dejected, but slowly stuffing food in his mouth.

"harry, you alright?", evelyn questioned.

harry dropped his fork then turned to evelyn.

"evelyn, I think I know who put our names into the goblet of fire", harry whispered, making the girl lean in.

"who? and how??"

"well sirius lettered me back, telling me to look at the fireplace in the gryffindor common room one night, and so I did. he told me that karkaroff was a death eater", harry mumbled, but still loud enough for ron to also hear.