𝟔.𝟖

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

THE room of requirements is exactly what it sounds like. a room that heeds to your needs.

harry had asked dobby and kreacher—sirius black's house-elf—to tail malfoy, as at times, the blonde boy seemed to disappear and even the marauder's map can't track him.

evelyn had also been recently disappearing quite a bit. harry had suspected that the both of them were in it together.

yet at the same time, he had hoped that evelyn wasn't helping malfoy with any of his evil plans.

while harry drank the felix felicis, he had once again approached slughorn about tom riddle.

with great success—due to the concoction—harry had captured a small memory of slughorn's and brought it to professor dumbledore. in which they both went back in the memories to see tom riddle asking about horcruxes.

"seven? he wanted to split his soul into seven horcruxes?!", harry asked, befuddled.

the first ever wizard to have made a horcrux was herpo the foul. and only then, did the man split his soul once.

what tom had desired was to split it seven different times, meaning he had to commit seven different murders.

dumbledore quickly went into one of his drawers and pulled out two items; the ruined journal that harry had stabbed with the basilisk's venomous fang, and a ring.

"I believe that tom riddle had put part of his soul in the journal. perhaps it was more for defense than protection. this ring is marvolo gaunt's. it belonged to tom's grandfather", dumbledore explained.

"so he made seven horcruxes...so there's five more out there that we need to destroy!", harry said.

"indeed. and I have a feeling I know where one of them is", dumbledore commented as he stared at the cursed ring.

—✼—

katie bell—the one that was possessed by the opal necklace—had finally returned from the hospital after months of treatment.

harry, who was reading through the advanced potions textbook by the half-blood prince, caught the sight of the girl and immediately went to go see if she had remembered anything.