𝟓.𝟔

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

SOMETIMES evelyn really questioned harry's sanity.

not to purposely offend the boy or anything, but in their second year, she had found out that he could speak to snakes. in their fourth year, harry had nearly fought off voldemort. and this year, the boy was starting to have dreams that were connected to voldemort.

recently, right before christmas break started, harry had had a dream about arthur weasley, ron's father, being hurt and tortured by voldemort.

informing professor dumbledore, dumbledore had immediately instructed others to go find arthur weasley. and thankfully, he was saved right before anything major.

dumbledore had also requested that snape help harry with his dreams, and perhaps horrifying visions. though snape had started teaching harry occlumency to help clear the boy's mind, it was tough as harry was not able to focus.

evelyn sighed as she thought back to when harry at least seemed normal. which was perhaps only their first year.

'oh where did that innocent boy go?', evelyn thought as she folded harry's letter and tucked it into her luggage.

draco and evelyn had shortly arrived at the malfoy manor with the normal house-elves carrying their bags and taking care of everything.

surprisingly—despite how depressing and dark the outside of the manor looked—the inside was wonderfully decorated with multiple gold and silver christmas trees, expensive glass ornaments, lit candles, and red, white, gold, and green ribbons.

"wow".

"like it? I had asked mother to perhaps decorate the mansion up a bit since you were coming over", draco grinned.

evelyn awkwardly chuckled. if this had meant "a little", she wondered what would be a lot.

although evelyn had felt a bit bad for not spending time with the weasleys, hermione, and harry, the girl had already asked harry to deliver her message to everyone there.

"shall we head upstairs? I can show you your room", draco offered.

"may I actually borrow ms. gardener for a moment, dear?", narcissa smiled, to which draco could only nod in response.

"of course, mother".

"why don't you follow me then, ms. gardener?"