𝟐.𝟓

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

ALL students sat on the floor, crowded around the short stage that was in the center amongst them all.

gilderoy lockhart stood proud, welcoming the students that had decided to join his newly formed club.

"let me introduce my assistant, professor snape!", lockhart announced, gesturing over to the right side of the stage, where indeed, snape has surfaced.

"he has sportingly agreed to help me with a demonstration. now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. you'll still have your potions master once I'm through with him", lockhart smiled, making hermione swoon.

evelyn looked at professor lockhart worriedly. it wasn't that she didn't believe in the wizard's capabilities, it was just that professor snape looked excited.

and professor snape almost never looked excited.

snape had looked like he was being freed after being encased by some idiot, which just so happens to be lockhart in this case. snape smirked like he was getting revenge, and that, truly cause evelyn to worry for her d.a.d.a professor.

both professors took out their wands, doing a quick little flick of the wand action with their arms. they then bowed and turned around, marching opposite ways.

lockhart counted down in 3 seconds. snape then pointed his want at lockhart, announcing, "expelliarmus!"  

lockhart's body then flew onto the ground with a loud thud. most grinned while hermione worried.

evelyn gave an awkward smile as she somewhat expected that to happen.

"an excellent idea to show them that professor snape! but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious—uh—what you were trying to do. and if I would've stopped you, it would've been nearly too easy", lockhart said as he propped himself up and started to walk over to snape.

"perhaps it'd be prudent to first teach the students to block", snape coldly spat. "now why don't we have two of the students spar?", he suggested.

"an excellent suggestion professor snape! uhh—umm—how about we have a volunteer pair. potter! weasley! how about you two?", lockhart awkwardly said.

"weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. we'll be sending potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox", snape stated.