𝟕.𝟖

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

EVELYN and malfoy were either highly avoided or kissed up to.

once the two had arrived back at school, people around them spread like the red sea, allowing them to pass by.

since snape was the new headmaster, he didn't particularly mind evelyn sitting with malfoy on the same table in the great hall. most avoided them like the black plague.

despite her being the only hufflepuff in the table full of slytherins, no one objected as no one dared to speak up.

"evelyn, are you okay? you're not eating at all", malfoy worried, glancing at the girl's plate of food.

"yeah, sorry. I'm just thinking, that's all", evelyn replied as she gently stabbed the asparagus on her plate.

evelyn glanced around as she saw a ghost sitting at the slytherin table.

never had the girl paid attention to any of the ghosts, as there was no point since they couldn't even eat the cookies that evelyn used to make.

"what are you looking at?", malfoy asked.

"the slytherin ghost", evelyn casually replied as she took a drink of orange juice.

"ah, bloody baron. quite the temper he has", malfoy said as he continued eating.

"why's he called the bloody baron?", evelyn asked.

"I heard it's because the blood that's stained on his clothes is from killing the ravenclaw ghost", zabini chimed in, making malfoy slightly scowl. "but it's just a theory. no one knows the real story".

"the ravenclaw ghost?"

"helena ravenclaw, daughter of rowena ravenclaw (founder of ravenclaw), also known as the grey lady", zabini said.

"how'd you know?", evelyn asked.

"it's hard to not know when bloody baron broods over the grey lady and sneaks glances at her every year the new first-years arrive", malfoy answered.

that made the noggins in evelyn's brain twist and turn.

helena ravenclaw, the ravenclaw ghost.