𝟐.𝟐

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

MALFOY sat beside evelyn as lockhart had assigned them to the same table. he watched as the girl brought out her supplies. although they weren't new, she surely made it seem like they were.

"okay class! as you all should know, I'm gilderoy lockhart, order of merlin, third class, honorary member of the dark force defense league and five times winner of witch weekly's most-charming-smile award-but I don't talk about that!", lockhart introduced.

malfoy wondered how many times that man had rehearsed that in front of the mirror. he rolled his eyes as he listened to him talk about how he singlehandedly defeated the werewolf and saved the villagers for 32 minutes.

"now, let me show you some of the most fearsome creatures of all times! beware, though they may be your worst fears, you must not cave into fear itself!", lockhart enthusiastically said, clapping his hands together and showcasing the cage that was covered by a red drape.

he then dramatically whipped the maroon cape off the cage, revealing purple little creatures sticking their hands out the bars of the cage and trying to get out.

"cornish pixies??", seamus finnigan snorted.

the whole class either scoffed or covered their giggles. most had assumed that some purple pixies weren't going to do much.

"don't be fooled by their appearance. despite their tiny stature, they can do big damage", lockhart laughed as he opened the cage, letting the little pixies free.

the purple pixies suddenly yote out of the cage, flying above everyone. some started tearing pages from lockhart's textbook while others started to throw jars around.

evelyn quickly ducked, as a jar and a book was thrown her way. she trembled under her table as she saw two of those little devils pick poor neville up by the ear, hanging him on the chandelier.

"get up!!", malfoy demanded, ushering evelyn to get up from under the table.

evelyn slowly got up, but malfoy didn't have the patience. he pulled her up, gripping her arm tightly and pushing her out the door.

suddenly a hard thud was heard, as one of the purple pixies had thrown a glass tube, which had accidentally hit malfoy in the head.

"shit!", malfoy cursed, holding the back of his head.

"let's get out of here first", evelyn mumbled as she guided malfoy out the door.