𝟓.𝟗

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

QUIDDITCH against the hufflepuff team was a great loss as andrew kirke, jack sloper, and ginny weasley replaced fred, george, and harry, since they were still banned.

though ginny had caught the snitch, gryffindor was so behind that gaining them an extra 150 points was no help, as hufflepuff was 10 ahead.

in the beginning of march, harry's interview with rita skeeter was published. it was called the quibbler, discussing about the truth of how harry had encountered voldemort and that he was coming back stronger than ever.

though umbridge had banned the article in hogwarts, it had prompted the students to want to read it even more.

soon, umbridge had fired professor trelawney due to educational decree number 23.

professor trelawney trembled at the courtyard with all her baggage whilst umbridge stood triumphantly in front of her.

"b-b-but I have nowhere to go! I've been teaching here for over 20 years", trelawney tried to protest.

evelyn noticed all the students gathered around and went to go check out the commotion. malfoy followed as he had wanted to make sure evelyn wouldn't do anything irrational.

"professor", evelyn said, making both women look at the stunned girl.

"please, professor umbridge!! don't fire professor trelawney! she didn't do anything wrong!!", evelyn tried to persuade, making the rest of the student body whisper.

professor trelawney was sobbing. she was indeed upset that she had lost her job, but felt even more grateful for evelyn standing up for her.

"I'm sorry dear. but I'm afraid rules are rules", umbridge happily replied, making evelyn frown.

dumbledore suddenly appeared, making evelyn's hopes go up.

"indeed rules are rules. but the rules also say that just because the professor is fired, doesn't mean they have to leave campus. and since professor trelawney is unable to teach anymore, I'll be sending in firenze the centaur", dumbledore announced, making umbridge grit her teeth.

she knew that even though she was the high inquisitor, law stated that she wouldn't be able to complain if dumbledore had success on finding a new instructor.