𝟔.𝟑

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

AFTER harry, hermione, and ron had briefly ran into professor slughorn in three broomsticks, harry had also caught malfoy walking up to the second floor of the shop without evelyn.

what was even worse was that he had witnessed ginny, ron's younger sister, snogging dean thomas—a fellow gryffindor.

the three walked back from hogsmeade, discussing about who they believed the half-blood prince in harry's textbook was.

"you ought to really turn it in and come clean with it", hermione advised, to which harry just laughed.

"why would he do that? it's basically like a cheat book. I mean, you saw how happy slughorn was, inviting harry to his halloween party", ron defended while also feeling slightly salty that the professor didn't even bother saying his name correctly.

"okay but—"

hermione's sentence was suddenly cut off but a gut wrenching scream. the trio quickly hurried over, to which they saw katie bell—a gryffindor—floating in midair.

"someone please help her!!", leanne, katie's friend, pleaded.

hagrid quickly came forth as katie had dropped onto the ground like a fly. harry was about to see what the girl had dropped until hagrid stopped him.

"don't touch it. yeh don't wan' teh get cursed", hagrid warned.

harry observed the object, noticing that it was an opal necklace meant to be delivered to dumbledore.

harry immediately thought of malfoy. it had to be him. right before school had started, him, hermione, and ron had spotted malfoy going into borgin and burkes, threatening the store owner to fix something.

"do you think it's malfoy?", ron lowly asked.

"I'm almost sure it's him", harry scowled. "we need to tell professor mcgonagall".

"you can't! we don't have evidence harry. accusation without evidence leads us nowhere", hermione harshly whispered.

indeed, they didn't have any clues that directly pointed to malfoy. but perhaps they could get some help from a certain someone.

"we need to talk to evelyn".

—✼—

harry and hermione sat at the dining hall as ron approached them solemnly. though the morning had just begun, he's been getting encouragements left and right.