𝟓.𝟏𝟏

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

VOLDEMORT'S laugh resonated thoughout the hall, making a shiver run down harry's spine.

evelyn flinched as he watched the dark lord swiftly walk past her and grin.

though just as voldemort was about to end it all, dumbledore had appeared, stopping the cold-hearted man by going head to head with the dark force.

harry fell to the floor as dumbledore had successfully fended off voldemort. that is, until he had dissipated and tried to control harry's thoughts.

"harry, harry!! you must keep yourself together!", dumbledore advised as harry had a spasm on the floor.

voldemort's thoughts had almost overpowered him, until he had remembered all the good times he's had with evelyn, hermione, and ron. he had friends, family, and love. something voldemort did not have and will never experience.

"STOP! I PITY YOU VOLDEMORT! YOU HAVE NOBODY WHILST I HAVE PEOPLE WHO LOVE AND SUPPORT ME!", harry yelled, as voldemort suddenly appeared out from harry's body.

"you foolish boy!", voldemort sneered.

without another second, cornelius fudge and the rest of the ministers of magic had arrived, stumbling a few steps back at the sight of voldemort.

they had finally acknowledged the presence of the dark lord, trusting that harry and dumbledore wasn't lying anymore.

yet in the blink of an eye, voldemort had disappeared, leaving only the righteous ones and evelyn there.

evelyn's jaw finally unclenched as the wizards had helped each other back to hogwarts. most were injured while some seemed to hold up just fine.

"evelyn...what are you...why?", hermione breathed out, almost not believing her eyes.

"I-I....", evelyn stuttered. she wasn't sure what to say or what to do. there was no going back and no matter what she had said, she doubted that they would believe her.

dumbledore walked over as he commanded the rest to aparate or portal back to hogwarts. the students reluctantly left their friend as now it was only evelyn and dumbledore.

"ms. gardener, would you like to explain?", dumbledore asked.

evelyn felt her stomach knot up as she couldn't find the right words to explain anything. there was too much, too much for her little 15 year-old self to say and compute.